1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is God prejudiced?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by seekingthetruth, Apr 3, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, amen!!

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I hope for your sake it will:
    But I doubt it, I don't know too many active people on this board who would take the bait quite frankly.....Fairness? No one yet has mentioned fairness. No one other than a congenital retard would argue that they want

What about them? If a Molinist/Middle knowledge view is accurate (it may not be) then the answer to that question is that those heathen are entirely composed of individuals whom God knows would never willingly accept Christ under
    circumstances. Thus, they are neither prevented from acceptance by either accident or by Sovereign decree. :thumbs:

True :thumbsup:

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

They're still lost and condemned and heading to hell before they (as you say) 'blatantly reject Christ'. Just something else you need to deal with.

John, come on bro, leave off the attacks and belligerency, and then blaming it all on the 'Calvinists'. It's a tired old song and dance.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Absolutely:thumbs:...........

5. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

You are right so I will get to the chase

I hate Calvinism and what it is doing to the church today.

And I hate truck drivers because they think they own the highway.

I'm done.

John

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have got it! tell me what kind of car you drive,the make,and the color..when I get down to FLorida...I will run you off the road....while you are lying in the ditch...I will recite from Calvins institutes and the 1689 confession:thumbsup:

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God created man took the woman from him and put them in an environment where Satan already was present. They sinned brought death to all men.
    Man was created a mortal soul subject to death and corruption, however before the man had been created there was a decree made: the Lamb (one who would come by the water and the blood as man) was slain and also there was a promise made for this Lamb. The promise was the hope of eternal life. Hope of. God is going to build a nation of kings and priests, a kingdom of God.

God said the following: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

For this to take place good and evil had to continue until the seed should come.

After about 1000 years man had gone off the deep end. He had degenerated to the point that God was sick over what he had become. But God had a plan and because of that plan the faith to come, God called Noah, a sheep, who heard his voice and followed his instructions. By grace, Noah his wife his three sons and their wives liver (grace) through the flood in the ark.

Good and evil are going to keep on going unto the seed, to whom the promise of the hope of eternal life was made for. Proof! Not long after the waters receded Noah gets drunk, one of the boys comes in mates with mama and produces the cursed nation of people known as the Canaanites. God chooses Shem and his children for the seed.

Some time later to keep the plan of the coming faith of the seed of promise,
    God calls another sheep, Abram who hears his voice and follows his instructions maybe not always to the tee, however the will of God is accomplished through him. God tells Abram whose name God has changes to Abraham that he, God is going to build a nation from his seed and that he Abraham would father other nations also and he Abraham would be as Paul states the heir of the world.

By now you should get the picture. God is working according to his purpose.
    God is calling sheep not necessarily to save or not to save but as kings and priests in the kingdom of God, called the firstfruits of the Spirit in Rom 8:23'
    It is the spring, the first harvest of lost souls. The feast of firstfruits.

The Passover was the obedience of faith, of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, unto death even the death on the cross. His death was the faith in the hope of eternal life. Three days and three nights later God his Father raised him from the dead with eternal life, he being made perfect became the author of eternal salvation.

The feast of unleavened bread beginning on the high day sabbath after his death pictures sinful man being unleavened (cleansed) from sin by the blood of the lamb. However the cleansing doesn't happen with death but with life, therefore three days and three nights later we have the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit and through confessing our sin the blood keeps on cleansing us from our sin 1 John 1:9 pictured by the holy convocation sabbath day at the end of the feast of unleavened breed.

There are more harvest of souls pictured by the feast of the fall.

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

It ain't about, Cals and Arms. It is what God is doing.

9. Forest

Forest New Member

God's elect are judged and chastened as they live here in this world. God does not judge or chasten those that are not his until the last day. God says, "if they have not the Spirit, they are none of his".

10. Forest

Forest New Member

After the fall of Adam, all mankind are born into this world as sinful beings without any righteousness. God, knowing that all mankind would not seek to serve him choose an elect people before the foundation of the world, Eph 1:4, and had his Son to die for those that he choose and gave to his Son, to redeem them back to him. Christ did as his Father requested and none that he died for will be lost, but he will raise them all up at the last day without the loss of one. John 6:37-41.

11. Forest

Forest New Member

You say that God does not deny salvation to anyone that comes to him by faith and repentance. After the fall of Adam, all mankind when born into this world are born as natural beings without any righteousness. The natural man will not seek to serve a spiritual God, 1 Cor 2:14. God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back, they are altogether become filthy, there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Ps 53:2-3. No one will come to him by faith and repentance, until God quickens them from a death in sins to a life in Christ, Eph 2:5. God only quickens his elect that he choose befor the foundation of the world, Eph 1:4.

12. Forest

Forest New Member

According to the scriptures that you have quoted, do you believe that God choose an elect people, beforehand, and prepaired them for glory?

13. Forest

Forest New Member

Christ's death is sufficient only for those that his Father gave him, John 6:37-41. John 17:2, As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

14. Forest

Forest New Member

If you are saying that we have to believe and accept Jesus to be saved, then how do you explain 2 Tim 2:13?

15. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

It's sufficient in value to everyone. It's of infinite value. It's efficient only to the to those given him. If God had chosen to save everyone, no more punishment on Christ would have had to been made.

16. Forest

Forest New Member

I know that I have a thick skull and maybe thats why I am having trouble understanding your point. Did Christ die for all mankind, or just for those that God gave him? Who did Christ die for?

17. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

2 Timothy 2
    The Appeal Renewed
    1 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. 3 Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 5 Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules. 6 The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. 7 Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.

8 Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, 9 for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained. 10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

11 Here is a trustworthy saying:

If we died with him,
    we will also live with him;
    12 if we endure,
    we will also reign with him.
    If we disown him,
    he will also disown us;

13 if we are faithless,
    he remains faithful,
    for he cannot disown himself.
    Dealing With False Teachers
    14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

If we don't understand, have faith, or we come to a point that we have nothing. We can't even trust in our self we remain in Jesus, because Jesus can't disown Himself.

We are going to have days we fall and no hope within us it is O.K. because there is only hope in Jesus Christ

Those who are in Jesus Christ are the only ones who will be saved from the coming destruction, because Jesus will not be sacrificed again only in Jesus can we be saved from what is to come. It is because what Jesus did on the cross, not what we did. The wages of sin is death, not belief, not faith, not trust, but death.

Jesus came to save the wicked sinner which I am the worst.

This is what God will for us to be for other believers.

Hebrews 3:
    12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. 15 As has just been said:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion.”[Psalm 95:7,8]

16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

No one is righteous, and no one seeks God. Praise God that Jesus came to save sinners whom I am the worst. That no one seeks God is a message for us as a believer to seek them, because.

Romans 10:
    14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”[Isaiah 52:7]

Paul knew no one seeked God so if you look at his life, he spent it seeking them.

Sinner, unrighteous, wicked, people like me.

#37 psalms109:31, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012