1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is God Racist

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AustinC, Sep 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    @Yeshua1

Why did you change my post in post #(14)?

Quantrill

2. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed, what of the consequence of God creating race? That was my question. Did He do it, or did he not?

If God didn't do it, who or what did? Something more powerful than God?

Quantrill

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not mean to do anything!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He created human race, period!

5. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    However you want to define it...did God make it? Is race the product of God? Race exists no matter how you or others want to philosophize it out of existence.

Do you believe there is no such thing as race? No such thing as black, white, mongoloid?

Quantrill

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psa_86:9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.

Act_17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

7. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. The degree to which Judah had turned away from God and caused God to resort to such judgement, would cause the Jews to say, (Jer. 13:22) "Wherefore come these things upon me?".

God is stating that they are so deep in sin that they cannot change. Yes, the Ethiopian and the Leopard and Judah have something in common. They cannot change. "...then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil." (Jer. 13:23)

Quantrill

8. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So who inserted "There is only One race, Human!" in my reply which you quoted?

Quantrill

9. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who inserted "There is only One race, Human!" in my reply in your post #(14)?

Quantrill

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant to post that by must have mispost it wrongly!

11. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This one is easier to answer.
    No, something less powerful than God.

Did God create the “beehive” haircut?
    If God didn’t do it, was it something more powerful than God ... like a hair dresser? ;)

God created skin that responds to sunlight by producing melanin. Different amounts of sunlight encourage different amounts of melanin. Advantageous traits are passed on to children with greater frequency than disadvantageous traits. So people living in areas with lots of sun tend to be born with more melanin to protect them and people living in areas with less sun tend to be born with less melanin. Height and weight are similarly affected by environment. God created us fearfully and wonderfully and with the innate ability to adapt to diverse environments.

12. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All human genetic code was in Adam and Eve. Therefore all colors were in Adam and Eve, which means their skin pigmentation would be black. Black is beautiful!

There is no such thing as race. Man created the term and the definition.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

14. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sometimes call it, "answering a post inside a post";
    Most don't do it, as they tend to answer outside of the quoted block.

I've rarely seen anyone do it the other way, but I have, on occasion done it myself and using a different color to label my reply.

15. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You suggest getting a haircut is the same as establishing the various races of man? Foolish statement.

So, man evolved into the various races? Sort of like monkey to man. But I see no partial monkey to man creatures still evolving. I see no partial white and black creatures still evolving. I see partial white black people due to interracial breeding.

How come all those white people living in Australia, or South Africa are still white? I know....millions and millions of years. Right? They are eventually going to turn black....right? Sure.

Quantrill

16. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you base that on? You just assume the races of man, which you say don't exist, happened naturally. Thus because it happened naturally, then the 'genetic code' must have been there in the first place. As though God could not intervene in His creation.

What happened to the 'beautiful' black mans palms of his hands and the bottom of his feet? Why were they disregarded? I know...not enough sun. Right? But then that would make him white in origin. Oh my.

Quantrill

17. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As a mistake, yes. I have done it before also. But I then corrected it.

Quantrill

18. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is God Racist = BLASPHEMY!

19. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 17:26

"And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation"

20. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are being inappropriately arrogant and condescending.
    1. Have you never read about the effect of the industrial revolution on the coloration of moths? Moths breed in either grey or black and always have in a certain region of England. Prior to the industrial revolution, the grey moths were better able to blend with the grey bark of the local trees, so there were more grey moths than black moths. As soot from the factories coated the bark and turned the trees black, the birds ate more of the grey moths and more of the black moths survived. Soon the ratio swung in favor of more black moths over grey moths. They were and are the same moth. Conditions just changed to favor one coloration over another.
    2. Skin color does change very quickly in response to environment. It is called "tanning". Just as grey moths will never breed black moth babies, so white people living in Australia will never give birth to dark skinned babies. However a Mediterranean "white" skinned person will have less health issues in the tropics than a Scandinavian "white" skinned person. So in a mixed population, "Mediterranean whites" will reproduce faster than "Scandinavian whites" in an environment that favors darker pigmentation.
    3. You have still not defined this nebulous thing called "race". What "race" are Jews and Arabs and Indians and Mexicans and Italians ... who are all about the same "color" but otherwise nothing alike?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.