1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God talking to me and you?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ituttut, Jul 6, 2004.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Did God talk to Abraham, David, Daniel, or John (while He is on earth).

We know He did. Is He talking to us today? If so, where is He when He is talking to us?

2. J4KC35

J4KC35 New Member

Sure, GOD talks to me everyday. He helps me make the decisions and choices I make everyday, all day.

Where is he? Well he's everywhere!

3. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

God has blessed me with some direct information on a few occasions in my life. I do not refer merely to a daily fellowship - I'm speaking of real information coming along as needed at the time. But it isn't very often; sometimes years go by without that.

4. CAO

CAO New Member

Of course God talks to us today. Sometimes He whispers and other times He has to shout to be heard. When we ask for something in prayer, how would we know the answer without Him telling us? We only get in trouble when we don't listen and barge ahead with our own plans.

5. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

God does not speak in an audible voice today like he did back then in Moses day. Today he uses what he has provided us, the Holy Spirit and the Bible.

6. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Homebound,
    Just what I was going to post. Thanks, WallyGator [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

Same place as when He's not talking to us.

HankD

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

See HomeBound

9. ituttut

ituttut New Member

See HomeBound

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

See HomeBound

11. ituttut

ituttut New Member

See HomeBound

12. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Yes.

Same place as when He's not talking to us.

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]See HomeBound

13. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I am sure most of the others will perhaps agree with you. That is precisely what I was looking for, with the additional (which is understood by some – probably you) we know Christ in heaven, not down here, through the Holy Spirit. He left His Word down here with us by way of the Holy Spirit, making possible the Body of Christ Church. We worship in the Spirit.

As Paul says in II Corinthians 5:15-19, ” And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. 16. Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”

Great insight. Christian faith,
    Ituttut

14. Paul of Eugene

I can only relate what I have experienced. Many years ago when I was renting and had small children and could not afford a house the Lord promised me I would get my own house - next year. And it came to pass, by means I consider to be miraculous.

There have been other communications.

15. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

You may have experienced something, but God does talk to us in a audible voice. If he did, we'd probably fall down on our face.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why?

Romans 8:16
    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

No King James Bible (or any Bible) needed here.

HankD

17. Molly

Molly New Member

We have the Word of God(scripture) which has everything we need pertaining to life and godliness...This is how God speaks. Anything in addition to this could or could not be God,we are not sure,so it is unverifiable. We do have what is sure...so we should focus on the sure thing,His Word.

We can look back and see God's providence,His leading and guiding,but we can not know God's present will for us,except what is in His Word. We can surely ask for His will in our life and trust Him to bring it about,but we can know the plans he has for every decision we make. We just need to walk in Him,trusting that His desires will be ours.

Our heart is deceitful above all else...we can not trust feelings of peace,doubt,etc...because it could just be our mood,our heart(which may not be intuned with God's Word ).

We should not trust in *open doors* and *closed doors*...these can also be misinterpreted.

The sure thing is what God has spoken in His Word.

Molly

18. Paul of Eugene

Let me get this straight. You think that all those preachers who say they were led to preach a particular message are mistaken?

19. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Why?

Romans 8:16
    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

No King James Bible (or any Bible) needed here.

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]Does HomeBound or I say any different? Isn’t your reference from His Word, the Bible? If you didn’t have His Word, how would you know this? God is not speaking face to face with His people today, or to anyone else, except through His Word.

Romans 10:17, ”So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Your argument is with Paul, not me. If we follow the gospel of Paul, who got his gospel directly from Christ in Heaven, we know we are in the Spirit, in the Body of Christ Church. We are of the Spirit, and look to the heavenlies, and not looking for the kingdom to come. We are looking for the rapture, as we are Christ’s inheritance.

20. ituttut

ituttut New Member

From your brief devotional messages, I sense you believe your salvation is secure, and believe the Word of God. That is all that He asks, i.e that we believe on His name and we will be saved. Anything else becomes unbelief, and as you state we know this because He has left His Word with us, after He came in the flesh, and then returned to the highest.

Christian faith,
    ituttut