1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Grace Sovereign - A Dispensationalist Takes a Look At It

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by JD731, Jun 29, 2022.

1. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have often read this term, "sovereign grace," as if there is such a thing. Grace is either grace or it is not grace and there is nothing sovereign about it, especially in the scriptures.

Bible believers cannot believe the bible teaches something that is not in the bible. Does this make sense to anyone? Who in the world makes this stuff up and teaches it?

Can someone give some authority for this doctrine? Can we talk about it?

2. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

What is the doctrine of sovereign grace?

According to Calvinism, those who obtain salvation do so, not by their own "free" will, but because of the sovereign grace of God. That is, men yield to grace, not finally because their consciences were more tender or their faith more tenacious than that of other men.

This cannot be correct because the word "yield" is an action verb.

I did a search on the net and the above is what I found.

3. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is Sovereign in Grace because Grace is reserved for a peole God has chosen and not to all people without exception. Rom 11:4-7

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.