1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is hating ‘haters’ hateful?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THERE’S A DOUBLE STANDARD BEING USED IN THE PUBLIC DEBATE ON HOMOSEXUALITY
    BY DR. SCOTT LIVELY, president of Defend the Family - AFA Journal May 2008

[​IMG]
    Hate has a pretty bad name in the world today. No one wants to be called a hater, especially Christians, which is probably why we get accused of it all the time by our opponents. Homosexuals are especially fond of calling people haters. They even invented the word homophobia, which means hate and fear of homosexuals, envisaged as a mental illness. (A phobia is an anxiety disorder.)
    I hate being called a homophobe. It has such an ugly connotation. It’s especially unpleasant because, as a Christian, I’m supposed to have a reputation for loving people, not hating them. So I’ve worked really hard over the years to try to get the homosexuals to stop calling me a homophobe. I’ve pointed out the difference between hating people and hating their behavior (loving the sinner but hating the sin). They hated that.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Journal/stories.aspx?id=75907