1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Heaven and the New Jerusalem the same?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by richard n koustas, Apr 24, 2005.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It appears that you believe a person can lose their salvation! These Scripture certainly don't demonstrate that God makes a distinction between those who are made accepted in the beloved [Ephesians 1:6] after death.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

No, brother, I am hardcore OSAS.

3. ituttut

ituttut New Member

May I repeat once more?.....Matt 27:52 "...the tombs were opened, and MANY bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised...." MANY do not mean ALL!

Yet, Acts 2:29 says; "...David both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day."

David "died." David was "buried." David's "tomb" was still there. It does not mean that David's body could not have been raised as one of the "many saints." Verses 29-36 is speaking of David the King vs. Christ the King.

But cov, we are supposed to believe Peter was given some knowledge before He talked to Paul. Peter says in Acts 2:34, ”For David ascended not into the heavens……” I don’t make this stuff up, and I believe what the Word tells me.

So if any went bodily to heaven, then David wasn’t with them, and if they didn’t I don’t believe David could have been one, for surely someone would have said, “I have just seen King David”. And of course they could not say that for no one would have known what David looked like. The people raised would have to be recognized by those they appeared to.

You shouldn't be so confident. I say it isn't. "And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory..." (Luk 9:30-31)

"And let us make three tabernacles, one for You and one for Moses and one for Elijah; not knowing what he said." Luke 9:33

Uh, yes. They did recognize them - and I think Moses died a few years earlier didn't he?

You are sure that I am wrong, but you have no proof. You know Peter, his inquisitiveness, brassness, wishing to be in on everything. Evidently Peter, James, and John heard the conversation, or Jesus had made it known to them. Either that or we ascribe powers to Peter that only God has. I’ll not do that, as we all know no man has that power.
    Not yet proven yet, Ituttut!

But that is what I believe, and you believe something else that is not yet proven. We are after all just men, knowing what God has thus far allowed us to see.

(Please note; I will not go beyond what scripture says of "many saints" and try to imply that the resurrection of ALL Old Testament believers has occurred. I don't believe that is a wise conclusion for anyone to draw.)
    </font>[/QUOTE]I agree. Christian faith, ituttut