1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it a sin to drink beer?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Nov 10, 2008.

?
  1. Yes, it is okay to drink beer (under control.)

29 vote(s)
    65.9%
  2. No, it is not okay to drink beer.

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Other answer.

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't have a problem with drinking beer per se, but my 10 year old son would be very upset if he saw me drinking beer, so I don't for his sake. It only helps my cause that I detest the taste of beer.

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. I too think it's a cultural issue as well --- at least to some degree. It really is a non-issue here. No one associates drinking alcohol with being a non-Christian and not drinking with being a Christian.

I agree as well as to the unusually nice tone of this discussion.

However, I totally disagree with your comments about lagers... but I suspect the BB is not the most appropriate discussion vehicle.

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:applause: Kudos to you and continued grace

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

drinking beer is sinful to me because of how it makes me throw up in 31 flavors.

5. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Shucked oysters in red wine vinegar and shallots. It is a non-traditional pairing but absolutely fantastic!

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think too often Christians try to classify something as a sin or not a sin. Some things fall in the classifications like: Is it edyfing? Does it build me or others up? Is this productive? Is it pleasing to God? Does this lead to good or bad things? Does it influence a weaker brother in a bad way?

I think the NT is clear that trying to classify every thing as a sin or not is not how a Christian lives. Otherwise, there would just be list of rules to follow. It's more complex than that.