1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it always God's will to heal?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by John of Japan, Oct 14, 2012.

?
  1. Yes, it is always God's will to heal.

10.0%
  2. No, it is not always God's will to heal.

90.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. awaken

awaken Active Member

Luke 7:20-23 tells us that in Jesus' ministry He healed the blind, He healed the lame, He healed lepers, He healed the deaf, He raised the dead, and He preached the Good News.

Luke 7:20-23: "When the men came to Jesus, they said, "John the Baptist sent us to you to ask, 'Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?'" At that very time Jesus cured many who had diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, and gave sight to many who were blind. So he replied to the messengers, "Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.""
    In this passage, Jesus demonstrated that His ministry was a fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy (Luke 4:16-21).

In Acts 10:38, the apostle Peter described Jesus' ministry by saying that He went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil.

Luke 13:31-32: "At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, "Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you." He replied, "Go tell that fox, 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.'""
    Notice how Jesus described His earthly ministry. He said that nothing would keep Him from casting out demons and healing the sick.

Jesus Turned His Ministry Over to the Church

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, His Ministry was turned over to the Apostles, as jesus is the Cornerstone, and they were the foundation of the NT church, so once foundation was laid, that aspect of ministry ceased!

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Post #79 you said:
    Then you gave me verses which said that Jesus healed, but no verses in which Jesus said "He came to heal" as you imagined:
    You gave no purpose statements where Jesus or anyone else said He came for the purpose of healing. He did heal, that is completely obvious. That He came for the purpose of healing is nowhere in Scripture. You are dead wrong in saying that He came to heal. That was incidental to saving souls.

Here are purpose statements about why He came, none of them speaking of physical healing except metaphorically:

John 12:46--I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

1Tim. 1:15--This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Mark 2:17--When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.