1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it not true that Adam, Noah, Abraham, and we...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rubato 1, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

...have different promises that we trust for salvation?

I think the most glowing example of this is found in Romans 4, where Paul tells us that Abraham was saved because he believed God concerning this matter of his ability to reproduce.

This is obviously not the same promise that we trust for salvation.

What is the principle, then, concerning our faith in Christ? Noah did not have an understanding of the Death, Burial, and Ressuraction of Christ, did he? Must we?

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

We all believe the same Gospel. I will write more on the morrow...:smilewinkgrin:

3. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Crush the serpents head

The believers before the cross was looking for the promise one who would crush the serpents head. Christ was for-told at the beginning of the fall of man.

John 8:
    54Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

4. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Where seen

Noah seen it in the flood

1 Peter 3:18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom[Or alive in the spirit, 19 through which] also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge[Or response] of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Abraham seen it with his own son

Genesis 22:6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, "Father?"
    "Yes, my son?" Abraham replied.
    "The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"

8 Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.

9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!"
    "Here I am," he replied.

12 "Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram [Many manuscripts of the Masoretic Text, Samaritan Pentateuch, Septuagint and Syriac; most manuscripts of the Masoretic Text a ram behind him ] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son.

Hebrews 11:13
    All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. 14People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

17By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18even though God had said to him, "It is through Isaac that your offspring[Greek seed] will be reckoned."[Gen. 21:12] 19Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death.

David also seen it with his own son when he took His place.

2 Samuel 12:
    13 Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD."
    Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have made the enemies of the LORD show utter contempt, [Masoretic Text; an ancient Hebrew scribal tradition this you have shown utter contempt for the LORD] the son born to you will die."

and in the 22 Psalms

Psalm 35:3
    Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation."

Psalm 35:9
    Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation.

Psalm 62:1
    [ For the director of music. For Jeduthun. A psalm of David. ] My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

Psalm 119:81
    [ k Kaph ] My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.

Isaiah 61:10
    I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

1 Peter 1:9
    for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

#4 psalms109:31, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008