1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is it ok to read science and theology news

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by stubbornboy, Oct 4, 2004.

1. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

ive receive a free copy of the magazine (and i dont remember where i got subscribed)and i find it a little bit confusion.anyway is it worth it and is it ok 2 read that magazine :confused:

2. Stratiotes

Stratiotes New Member

The puritan author, Ralph Erskine once wrote, "Faith, without trouble or fighting, is a suspicious faith; for true faith is a fighting, wrestling faith."

I haven't read the magazine of which you speak but I gather you're asking because it is challenging your faith.

Everyday of your life you will likely encounter things that make you question where your faith is founded. If it is not founded where it belongs, then those things can break it. But, if it is not tested, you will never know if it is found where it belongs.

When you find something that challenges your faith, take it to God in prayer and ask him for his assurance and strength. You don't have to know all the answers to every question...faith is not about knowing all the answers - quite the opposite. One of my favorite verses is from Job in the midst of feeling like he is God's enemy rather than his friend: "though he slay me, yet I trust in him!" When it comes down to it, that's faith - knowing you are his even when everything in *this*
    world seems to indicate otherwise.

So, the short answer is, its OK to read what you find, just be sure and discuss it with God too and remember that a good argument can always be made if only one side is considered. Read from the other side too. For instance, if the subject is evolution, there are a lot of very good Christian scientists who have written on the subject and you can research what they have to say as well. Ultimately, do not be convinced by who has the best argument - be convinced by who has done the work in your life and continues to do that work - he is faithful and will finish that work.

3. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

ok thanks alot and ill keep that in mind.God bless!! [​IMG]