1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it predestined that a TEXAS team win the NBA Championship?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by William C, May 17, 2003.

1. William C

William C New Member

What?!? You don't think "all things" means "all things"??? [​IMG]

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have absolutely no problem with "all things" meaning "all things". Do you?

3. William C

William C New Member

Ken, your avoiding the question by restating yourself.

The question this started with was, "Do you think God caused Bill Clinton to sin."

You replied with the verse about "all things" impling that God did cause Clinton to sin.

Now, without dodging the question with generalities do you believe God caused Clinton to commit adultery or not???

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know.

Bu consider this -

1 Samuel 18:10-11 (ESV)
    The next day a harmful spirit from God rushed upon Saul, and he raved within his house while David was playing the lyre, as he did day by day. Saul had his spear in his hand. [11] And Saul hurled the spear, for he thought, "I will pin David to the wall." But David evaded him twice.

Job 2:10 (ESV)
    But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evidently, Yelsew, is more sure of his answer on this subject. Perhaps he could expand on his belief in this thread. Yelsew said on another thread:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Romans 11:32 (ESV)
    For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, Paul makes the connection that God is the author of our sins beginning with ADAM.

6. William C

William C New Member

It is quite clear that God doesn't even tempt people to sin. How can you possibly even consider that he would cause someone to sin???

I can't believe we are even debating this point. Where are the Calvinists to rebuke this brother??? :rolleyes:

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And why are you not rebuking your fellow traveler, Yelsew, Brother Bill? [​IMG] After all, I answered that I do not know. Isn't "I do not know" an acceptable answer if one does not know? :D

8. William C

William C New Member

Binding people over to disobedience and causing them to sin are two different things.

I wasn't having a conversation with Yelsew, I was speaking with you. Had I seen Yelsew's post in the context with which he was speaking I would have asked him to explain just like I did you.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My answer is still, "I do not know". [​IMG]

10. William C

William C New Member

You do now.

James' words are very clear. [​IMG]

11. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

When I was young - I used to pray and bargain with God - that my favorite team would win the championship.

Then I got saved - and that didn't seem so important anymore.

On the Texas question - I hope not.
    On the Texas question - it ranks right up there with - Can God make a rock so big that He can't lift it?

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, we know that the Mavs were not predestined to win the NBA championship this year, nor could they attain it by free will. :D

GO SPURS GO!

13. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Now that San Antonio has beaten Dallas, it is a sure thing that a Texas team will be in the NBA FINALs.

Has Church Attendance increased in Texas?

14. Felix

Felix Member

;) It is funny how life can hide sometimes the deepest mysteries of God! And we are all in the same boat!!

A question to ponder upon: We know that determinism is different from predestination...Predestination is determined but is everything else (all choices of all men) predetermined by God also? Was the crucifixion predetermined or just foreseen?

Sorry for jumping in here, I thought we all can share and learn...

In Christ

Pardi