1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it really a faux pas to begin to slam "Ishtar" before "Christ Mass" is over?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by T Alan, Dec 7, 2014.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yes, some sound just like the pharisee who stood in the temple declaring his goodness before the Lord.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just what we need around here, another cagey cal.:rolleyes:

3. T Alan

T Alan New Member

haha, I've progressed well past the "Cage Stage". But yeah, Sound teachers are always a blessing. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no evidence of that in any of your posts.

5. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Opinion noted.:) May God preserve your "right" to it and the Country that allows it to be freely disseminated.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe we should add that to the list of definitions. "cagey cals"

7. T Alan

T Alan New Member

YES! I agree. What's the definition based on your semi-pelagian position of interpreting the bible?

8. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Hey Ref Bob. If my referring to my brother "Revmitchell" as Your holiness got me a 3pt infraction and a snipped comment, what does His reference to me as a "Cage Stage Calvinist" get him? I am insulted.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Me Thinks you need to find a good hobby to relax your mind.

10. T Alan

T Alan New Member

'The Cage Stage. A believer's eyes are opened to the majesty of God as the sovereign King of the universe, and their entire life is turned upside down. And for a while, they have more zeal than they have knowledge. We call it the "cage stage." That period in the experience of the new Calvinist where they would be better off kept in a cage until they can gain enough maturity to handle these vitally important topics aright. That time when they are more likely to hurt themselves, and others! You know, when they are all running around smacking someone upside the head with Pink's The Sovereignty of God?" Dr. James White

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deep breath... Deep breath...

12. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Semi- Pelagian: Is synergistic in belief. Man plays a part in his salvation.

" it taught that God and man cooperate to achieve man's salvation. This cooperation is not by human effort as in keeping the law but rather in the ability of a person to make a free will choice." source http://carm.org/semi-pelagianism

Any denials?

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Must have quoted wrong post.

but my post (which you did not comment on) still stands.

Me Thinks you need to find a good hobby to relax your mind.

14. T Alan

T Alan New Member

RE:
    Salty, this was borrowed from another thread that you are part of. Exactly what I was referencing about "American Churches degrading Christ" that you said you've been blessed not to see in any of the 20 churches you've been at.

borrowed from ThousandHills Thread "Catholic come home" in another forum

#34 T Alan, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  15. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Appreciate your concern but I'm good ;)

16. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Would someone alert Old Salty, His pictures have arrived.

This is for you Salty. Enjoy (sorry for the size, I haven't learned how to properly use this new power)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I'm curious if Salty got to see these ^^^ before he blessed me by "pushing that button"? He did say he'd never in all his years seen any of them or anything like them.

18. T Alan

T Alan New Member

To use Jed Clampett's favorite phrase;"Weeeldoggies"! It look's as if the "birth of Christ" celebration AKA Santa Clause's Christmas is officially over. I'm certain of this because the lights are coming down, the reindeer are being put back into the basements and symbolic heart shaped boxes of candies are now being placed in stores to celebrate St. Valentines day.

How many bible centered Churches will be having egg hunts and the "Easter Bunny" hop, hop, hoping down the bunny trail giving treats to every girl and boy as a celebration of the Resurrection of Christ?

NONE!

How many man centered Churches will be having egg hunts and the "Easter Bunny" hop, hop, hoping.......the Resurrection of Christ?

All of them.

What a sad comment on the state of the semi-pelagian/Arminian Churches in the West that care more about pleasing man, keeping up the "tithe payments" and keeping the goat smiling..

Well, I'll shortly be posting my biblical arguments against the private Christian practice, but assuredly, the Church propagating the hoax instead of teaching them the truth and to be happy and content in that truth. Yes, yes I know and fully anticipate the "legalist" label to be used on me but hey, it comes with the territory. Point out the peoples "golden calf" and you can expect it.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

We had a Golden Corral, but it closed. We generally stand against idolatry.

20. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Golden Corral is the god of gluttony, good thing it closed. I bet there were some ruined testimonies there every Lord's Day. :thumbs: