1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it sinful to pray for an evil person’s death?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there anything in the 1689 that discusses this? BTW, why are you trying to illustrate church discipline when this is clearly beyond (out side of) church discipline. If one feels the urgency to pray to God for an evil doers removal, then isn’t that between him and God?

2. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I was using church discipline as an example of how the church should deal with sin in the camp. The 1689 Second London Baptist Confession does not address imprecatory prayers against evildoers. Based on all the discussions in this thread, I believe the best we can do is pray for God to restrain evil and evil-doers by whatever means He deems necessary.

3. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better to pray for this person's salvation, rather than their death. Leave justice in God's hands. He will deal with it in a manner that is consistent with His righteousness. Praying for someone's death implies that you have already sentenced this person to death and want God to do what you think He should do. That is not the purpose of prayer and none of us are fit to decide who should or should not die. Imagine if God had killed the Apostle Paul instead of confronting him on the road to Damascus?

• Like Like x 1
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes its God's decision - He chose differently with Ananias and Sapphira than Paul.

So yes pray that the evil person be saved or made unable to do evil of his/her particular brand.

Although in Acts chapter 4 the apostles did not pray for the evil against them to stop but that they may be made bold to speak in Jesus name which got them in trouble with the religious leaders in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea .... my hair on my head will grow back before this evil criminal devil ever sees Christ. She lives on the flesh and blood of her victims and is proud of it, it gives her joy.Her color of choice is red and she enjoys the image of it. Also she puts great store in giving people the evil eye and I’ve seen her do it to people and inanimate objects to get her will accomplished. And she lies as if breathing and she has 5 faces, all devious. Their is no end to her treachery. I’ve seen her humiliate a cripple and then fire him without provocation just to feed her ego and serve notice that she is the mediator of all things her. Crass, cunning and evil to the core. And here is the thing, she lives to hurt people.... and continues to hunt out people to be her victims. My conclusion is that she is the classic psychopath bent on feeding on the souls of innocent victims.

So I’m bent on putting an end to this activity and I am taking it to the Lord to end any more destruction caused by this woman. In the past, when I go to the Lord in all sincerity & seriousness, He responds.

#25 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  6. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same thing could have been said of Paul and God changed him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will now see what happens. I’ve said my conscience to Him, asked for His assistance, explained to Him my observations and told Him that this individual has done great evil to His children and it must stop. Now the matter is in His hands. Amen. Thanks

8. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

1 Peter 3

8To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; 9not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

She is a victim too. Could have been brought up abusively. You might be the closest thing to a parent she has in her life. We do evil things motivated by fear and ignorance.

Praying for her to drop dead only makes you start to submit to the same evil she is under already.

You can't say for sure you would do better in her shoes under her conditions.
    The objective is always to "DESTROY the Evil" But it means freeing the sinner from their sin.

Try being kind, get walked all over even, but safe-guard the helpless.

Now if she is your BOSS, yes those get picked out specifically from the 9 layer of hell to sharpen you up. jk :Biggrin

Everyone got pain, just some folks better at hiding it than others.

I guarantee, PROMISE, if you knew her life story you'd be like "OH ......that's why", and there would not be a anger around to fault her, you'd take a more approach of pity.

If you ever want a good indicator how much you love God, its as much as that person you hate most.

Matthew 25

40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

9. OldArmy

OldArmy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think such a prayer is an error. Pray for them to stop whatever wicked thing they're doing, pray for God's will to be done, pray for them to see the truth, that the scales over their eyes and plugged ears be opened. But to pray for their death, is akin to praying for their eternal suffering in hell.

Who God justly send away, is good and right, but if they would only believe, they would be grafted in... if they would only believe, they would turn towards the Lord and follow. Why wouldn't you want that? Is that not what our Lord taught? Pray for that, and if death finds them before they believe, so be it.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer is we should never pray for the death of evil doers. We are to pray for those who persecute us. Christ died for all mankind, including those heading for "swift destruction." 2 Peter 2:1-2.

Mat 5:44
    “But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would I... they are intentionally scum bunnies... of their own free will. This one has set her sail and glorified in other people’s destruction. Knowing that, why the big issue about worry about them... why not pray to remove them from doing harm to others.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

She was brought up well... spoiled in fact. She freely chooses to hurt others and enjoys it. She actively does what she does because it’s Joy to her. I have met Him face to face, eye to eye and explained to Him my experiences with her and how I’ve seen her destroy others lives just because she could. That destruction makes her feel alive, and so she actively hunts out people she can devour.

I have no pitty for her, I just appeal to my Lord and I await His reply... and He doesn’t allow that kind of thing, abuse to his children, to happen long term.

13. OldArmy

OldArmy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is that mirroring the example of our Lord?

14. OldArmy

OldArmy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a young man, I was just like that. I delighted in getting a rise out of people, mocking them and belittling them, doing damage to their relationships just for fun.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What example... David prayed that the lord would vanquish his enemies did he not.

I already have a relationship with God. I tell him my heart and He responds, He has never let me down and there are times the offending person was laid low. I only communicated to the Lord and put it in His hands... we reasoned together

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And as a young man I wouldn’t have let you get away with it. I would have taken matters into my own hands.

17. OldArmy

OldArmy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay?

18. OldArmy

OldArmy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously I can't speak for her, but for me I was a nice kid, who was bullied and turned into a bully until my life fell apart and I finally stopped riding a fence and went all in.

19. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"She was brought up well... spoiled in fact"

Your telling me she was not brought up well, spoiled in fact.

That is a child of God. Cursing is a sin.

By what estimation you figure she destroyed lives? Money-wise? If she is killing people there are laws against it, If she is stealing there are laws against it.

"have met Him face to face, eye to eye and explained to Him my experiences with her and how I’ve seen her destroy others lives just because she could."

Who?

Have you tried the Gospel?

If she is completely evil that's the best treasure around. A far greater appreciation and gratitude when you snap out of it.

Before you blame her. I wan't you to know its my fault first. So anything bad you have planned you can send it my way instead.

The Lord knows I could have set a good example enough to change her heart, But I haven't.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh no.... you are not listening. So listen.... she is a child of the devil. God will deal with her in due time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.