1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it sinful to pray for an evil person’s death?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God allows evil FOR A PURPOSE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So then what he allows then he could end.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are saying he is the author of sin.

#65 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh. This old debate. Lol. You're saying He has no foreknowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I’m saying that to put evil in front of someone purposely is to make God its author. But your right, it’s an old debate and not worth having because it resolves nothing.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I'll just answer for the lurkers. I'll first answer with the verses we learned in Bible school. Speaking of the sufferings of this present time, All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

And wasn't it the Spirit that led Christ into the wilderness to be tempted of the Devil? Does that make God the author of evil?

No.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about Job then, literally allowing Satan to destroy his life? Was that Gods doing and with foreknowledge of the outcome?

10. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Curious as to how you view it.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good! stay curious

12. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, since you don't want to explain how you view it, I guess my curiosity is quickly fading.

Peace to you

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should be formulating your own understanding of Job and his experience with God. I’m not going to provide hard and fast answers to Gods reasoning like Jobs friends did. God provides his own answers to Job in his dissertations to Job which makes me shrink from ever completely understanding. One thing I will always glean from that experience is God is completely sovereign.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know David did in Psalms 109, and Paul said he committed one to Satan that his flesh be destroyed so that his spirit may be saved.[1 Corinthians 5:5] But are we allowed to do this? These two spoke with God, we have not.

I would pray that God would have mercy on them. Remember, if all we had on Saul of Tarsus was this Saul was in hearty agreement with putting him to death. And on that day a great persecution began against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. Some devout men buried Stephen, and made loud lamentation over him. But Saul began ravaging the church, entering house after house, and dragging off men and women, he would put them in prison, we'd all think for sure this wicked man died lost.

So, just because someone may be evil does not mean God will not grant him/her mercy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may end up being 100% correct and she will never see the Christ and all His glory. But only God knows how to change even the most wicked from hating to loving.

Look at the demon possessed man in Mark 5. No one could do anything with him. They eventually left him by himself and he lived in a graveyard, so to speak. But when the Christ came to him, He sent the legion of evil spirits into a herd of swine, and when the ppl came to see him, he was clothed, in his right mind and at His feet.

Who knows what will become of her on the day of Judgment. Just pray for her that God will extend mercy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry but in this case I weigh in on the side of justice.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  17. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Possession , at least what you quote here, does not mean the person prior was fully evil, that is to say loved evil. Rather, did something to open himself unwittingly to an evil spirit. Possession is not a willingness of knowing to do evil, but a flirting with unawares . A truly evil person will not end up possessed like in this Mark 5 account you give.On who loves Evil has a willing participation with evil. They are functional in that evil, where as a possessed person is not. WHY? Because that soul actually will not submit to that demon. Hence, the uncontrollable rage that is witnessed.

A possessed person can be forgiven if you notice, for Christ cast out the devil. A person in mortal sin , or has blasphemed the Holy Spirit can not. The difference is , one has known good and is conscious of what evil is and WILLINGLY chooses evil. The other is a dabbling in evil unawares and then the demon pounces in order to not loose that soul. The only help comes from expulsion by the Holy Spirit. I do not think EW&F is talking about possession, but a person ( who ,according to his opinion) LOVES DOING EVIL.

18. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That wasn’t my point. I was saying only God can change the heart. Instead of praying for justice, why not pray for mercy?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You nailed it...:Thumbsup

20. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We are to pray. I have found that prayer actually protects the saint from becoming like his enemy. However, I have also found that in my willingness to pray for my enemies, sometimes there are certain enemies that the Spirit of Christ within me refuses to touch concerning bring back to life spiritually. I have many enemies. I could tell you many stories. I am not in a good place right now. My soul is in God's hands but I am subjected to some very wicked people. Some I can pray for, and others my spirit simply halts when I attempt to pray for them. I know they do not have any light that I can stoke with my prayer in faith. Still I do not repay them with evil, it is hard ,but I will not do to them what they do to me, but rather leave room for God's wrath. I pray God come quickly in that, but not my will...... His.Thirsting for justice is not paying evil with evil, it is trusting that God will act on behalf of His faithful. Peace!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.