1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is it time to move on?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jedi Knight, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Would it be unscriptural to be in a group in an area that you cannot reach though you could have good fellowship with other members? Would reaching the community part of scriptural mandate .. and if so should you move along?

#21 Jedi Knight, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  2. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

I hate to tell people what I would do because I have no idea unless I am in that situation or have been before. Let's say it was my neighborhood, and the demographics changed and it was like your situation. If I were gonna stay, I would find a way to communicate. Whether that is thru interpreter, me learning their language, them learning mine, I don't know. If you start with phonics and the alphabet, you don't have to be able to speak their language. But not everyone can teach like my wife and I.

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Bronconagurski said:
    IMO, the best advice in this thread.

We can offer opinions, offer suggestions, and some things that would be best left unsaid. Yet, in the end, we can't walk in your shoes, nor have a clue where our Saviour is leading you. We have no way of knowing (which I'm sure you already know :flower: ) what opportunity our Lord will open for you tomorrow that will answer your questions.

Something that I'm still learning the hard way, is to have patience. Again, IMO, when He's ready, you'll know what to do. :thumbs:

4. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

My suggestions:
    1. Continue to follow the Lord.
    2. Start a Spanish language service.
    3. Continue your English language service.
    4. Learn Spanish.
    5. Teach English.
    6. Enjoy fellowship with your new friends (amigos).

...A.F....

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well scripture says there is wisdom in the multitude of counsel .... And iron sharpens iron thingy ;)

#25 Jedi Knight, Mar 1, 2013
  6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Oh boy. Now name calling. So, name calling, obscenities and out right racism. And you claim to be a Christian? And you don't care when you are called on blatant unChristian behavior? Want to just denounce God and get it over with? You really should be ashamed of yourself. I would imagine you have no shame.

#26 ShagNappy, Mar 1, 2013
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1st try to get a grip.....calmly take a long walk off a short pier & make everyone happy. I also make it a point that when dealing with your ilk (fuzzy little liberal wonks), then Im actually proud I dont tolerate you & or put up with your nonsense. The only one I care to denounce is you & your type.

#27 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 1, 2013
  8. drfuss

drfuss New Member

As indicated in some of the posts, this can lead to complicated situations.

There was a church in our area some years ago, that welcomed people from the local oriental community into the church. Over time, there was more orientals in the church that non-orientals. The orientals became the majority in the church and voted to change the church services to be like the church services from their home countries.

This created a problem for the original members in that the worship services were no longer a worship atmosphere for them. Most of the original members (who had struggled to build the church) ended up leaving and going to a nearby similar church and really helped their new church grow.

From the OP, it appears that this could lead to a similar situation. In my situation described above, it appears that both churches benefited; and this could have been God's will.

Pray for the Lord' leading.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point! interestingly enough there is a baptist church I know of that also serves East European (mostly Russian & Ukrainian) people using the church . The American Pastor & the English speaking congregation has invited them to join them in one unified service but the East Europeans steadfastly refuse to integrate. Now you can say it's language but many of these folks speak English. What is it do you think keeps a blended service from happening?

10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Dr. Fuss, I professed Christ in a "unique" church in Germany. Our church had both, and american english speaking congregation and a german speaking congregation. It was actually two churches in one, however, we did enjoy cooperative fellowships. It worked for us.

11. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

So, you cannot deny that you are a loveless, racist anti-christ so you just continue spewing hate? Gotcha. Continue with the insults widdle diddums, I won't take the bait and you just continue showing your true colors! :thumbsup:

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why aren't you wet yet you pathetic hulligan ya:laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.