1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it true about Mel Gibson??

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by er1001, Feb 26, 2004.

1. er1001

er1001 New Member

I recieved an email from a friend today which contained a supposedly true store about Mel Gibson.According to the story,he was raised in Australia,as his family had gone there for work.As a young man he was beaten nearly to death by a bunch of robbers,leaving his face so disfigured that no one could look upon him.After a short time in a circus and a few years just roaming arround while contemplating suicide he wondered into a catholic church.A priest told him he would promise to live the best live possible he would see that the best doctors available would be sought to repair his face.A movie was supposed to have been made about it.
    I was just curious if there is any truth to the story,can anyone verify if it is true.

2. mioque

mioque New Member

3. JAY WILL

JAY WILL New Member

Yes that is true my cousin received a email from a friend of his that the story was on one of Paul Harveys rest of the story programs.
    i tried to email paul harveys web to get a copy of the program but havent heard from him yet.

Jay

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

He did appear in a movie called, "The Man Without a Face" and that was a semi-true story, although not an autobiographical one.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Patently false. Wonder why, when we have celebs or when we have trajedy (like 9.11 or Columbine) that folks make up these detailed, touching stories?

Think there must be a part of us that is looking for reasons BEHIND the events and these fulfill a primitive urge . . .

6. Pete

Pete New Member

Actually, a good beating is the way we welcome all Americans who come Down Under :D

Mel lived through it so he is an Aussie now [​IMG]

7. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

It's a false story. Mel was raised by Catholic parents and they were very active in their church.

8. Forever settled in heaven

u know what, i think the same thing applies to the Passion as a movie.

why shd we object to urban legend if it has SOME elements of truth--Mel Gibson did move w his family to Australia, Mel Gibson did have a severe personal crisis in his life, Mel Gibson did recover fr it n make it big in the industry--so what's the harm of filling in the details fr Sister Emmer ... no, um, Bro Paul Harv ... or whomever???

u see, why do Christians react to urban legend when it involves the lives of celebrities but not when it involves the life of Christ?

:confused:

9. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Pete, you gave me first chuckle of the day. Thanks bro. Ha! Americans need some sense knocked into 'em, but only figuratively I hope.

10. mioque

mioque New Member

"u see, why do Christians react to urban legend when it involves the lives of celebrities but not when it involves the life of Christ?"
    Very good question!

11. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Ok, this was funny!! [​IMG] [​IMG]