1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it true that Falwell is the friend of Moon?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 20, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

How in the world is it possible that a christian is the friend of such a crazy blasphemer? I cannot believe it. What's going on? Why do the christians not do anything and simply accept it? It's as if they're asking to be deceived. Deceive us, we are dumb! Deceive us!

:BangHead:

2. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Jesus walked among prostitues and wine-bibbers. Franklin Graham appears on talk shows with atheists. I go down on the streets to feed winos who are covered in filth, bugs, feces. I put them in my car, take them to a shelter.

Falwell doesn't like Moon, but as a Christian, he befriends him, witnesses to him, tells him the error of his ways.

Nothing wrong with that.

:sleeping_2:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I would be Moon friend also, everyone is entitled to hear the truth.

His basic ideology of a world religion I think is what Christ really had in mind. He had too many comprimises along the way and left Christianity but the idea of a world religion (like RCC) might be good.

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Are you being serious?

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

About which part, I may have this theology wrong but I would be his friend.

I read a book on him a few years back but am not an expert at the least.

http://www.uua.org/

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

[Edit] About being a friend of Moon.

The Unification church is a cult centered around their false Messiah Reverend Sun Myung Moon.

Who is Reverend Moon?- Unification Church Site

According to the Unification Church site, Moon was visited by Jesus...
    "At Easter time in 1935, Jesus appeared to the young Sun Myung Moon as he was praying in the Korean mountains. In that vision, Jesus asked him to continue the work which he had begun on earth nearly 2,000 years before. Jesus asked him to complete the task of establishing God's kingdom on earth and bringing His peace to humankind. "​
    Through the arranged and blessed marriages of Reverend Moon the offspring of these marriages will have no original sin...
    "On March 16, 1960, Reverend Moon was blessed in holy marriage to Hak Ja Han. This marked the beginning of the restoration of humankind back into God's lineage. By the power of God and sacrificial love, Sun Myung Moon and Hak Ja Han established the position of True Parents. They are the first couple to have the complete blessing of God, and to be able to bring forth children with no original sin."​
    (Moon has been divorced 3 times and married 4 times)

and Rev Moon claims he is the Messiah...
    "Among the spirit-filled churches were many with strong messianic expectations. These churches had received revelations that the Messiah would be born in Korea, and they were directed in various ways to prepare to receive him."​

"At a gathering of 1,000 world leaders at the World Culture and Sports Festival, Reverend Moon declared that he and his wife are the Messiah and True Parents of all humanity." ​

I believe these verses were intended to warn of folks like Rev Moon.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." - Matt 7:15

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets ... insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." - Matt 24:24​

As to Falwell...
    If he is rebuking this antichrist and only speaking with him to correct the errors of his ways, then this would seem to be scriptural.

However, Moon has amassed a wealthy empire and uses his wealth to manipulate news (he is the founder and owner of the Washington Times), political and religious leaders. If Falwell has accepted money from Rev Moon as mainstream media and Christian news reports have alleged, then he is walking together with antichrist.

#6 Rufus_1611, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2006
  7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes. I have heard that Falwell accepted money from Moon. If this is true then it's totally unacceptable!

8. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Again with the old news?

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wow, I see your point as I didn't know all this about Rev. Moon.

Tell me, how do we draw the line of Loving the Sinner but hating the sin?

I see you labeled him an anti-christ, Jesus said anyone not with him is agaist him. If I remember right, this term is only used by John the Apostle. How do you use the term "anti-christ"? I mean, what does the word mean to you?

10. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

There are sinners who love the true Christ and there are workers of iniquity who are opposed to Jesus Christ. The first I love as brothers, the later I love as enemies. The first I would walk together with, the later I would rebuke from a distance (neither would I accept money from them). I believe Moon is the later.

I concur with your first sentence as there are only two sides, those that are pro-Christ and those that are opposed. A man who claims himself to be Christ is opposed to Jesus Christ and is therefore antichrist. I believe there is an Antichrist/Son of Perdition and there are individuals with the spirit of antichrist. I suspect Rev. Moon is of the later.

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." - 1 John 4:1-3

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I am running off memory here so don't believe what I say apart from verifying it. I don't believe Falwell personally took money from Moon. I believe what happened was that Moon gave a large gift to help Liberty University during the time when it was in serious financial trouble. It is also coming to my mind that Moon has financially supported other ministries (though I can't recall which ones). Should Liberty, and others, accept money from Moon? From one direction I say "no". After all why would we want support from people like Moon? I can't see any reason for it. From another direction, however, I say if he wants to give the money then it should be accepted. As long as he was not asked first.