1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Jesus Christ Your Lord?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Martin, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Jesus Christ your Lord? Can you, with the writers of the New Testament, truthfully say that you are a slave (doulos) to the Lord Jesus Christ?

Is He your shepherd? Do you follow Him?

Remember that the Lord Jesus Himself warned that:

"Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name, and in Your Name cast out demons, and in Your Name perform many miracles? And then I will say to them, I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness" -Matt 7:22-23

Good works are nice, doing works of charity and ministry are great, but none of those things will allow you to "enter the Kingdom of Heaven" (Matt 7:21). Being a member of a church, attending church on a regular basis, reading a Bible, debating theology, and other such things will not get you into the Kingdom of Heaven. The only way to heaven is through the Lord Jesus Christ (Jn 14:6). You need to saved, to be born of God, you need to become a child and slave of God. The only way to do that is to turn away from your sins and to look to Christ as your Lord (Rom 10:9). That is, of course, done by faith. You can't clean up your life first, and your promises are rather empty, you need to believe in Jesus as your Lord and Master. When you do, He will be your eternal Savior and friend.

"that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" -Rom 10:9

2. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

He is my lord, the example of earthly behavior that I attempt to emulate and model.
    He is my Lord, the arbiter and judge to whom I submit.
    He is my LORD, the second person of the triune Yahweh God, clothed in flesh, sacrificed for my sins, raised from the dead, who will come again for His own.

I love the doulos reference.

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Jesus is Lord. PERIOD!

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

An issue that must always before the believer, esp. in a climate of godless ideological challenges.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes He is my Lord.

In fact, He is everyone's Lord whether they/we acknowledge it or not.

One day everyone will...

Philippians 2
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.​

HankD​

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Yes, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.

7. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. Then who is Jesus talking about? When he said this.Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. This is who he is talking to:Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and DOETH THEM NOT, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: What did he tell us to do?Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
    Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: REPENT YE , and BELIEVE the gospel. Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. That word of God is Jesus Christ. Now what is a man to ask another man if he be in the faith for the lord told us to do what.2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? But I have one more thing to say and that is to all them that have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

#7 charles_creech78, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008