1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Jesus the only way?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by El_Guero, Oct 29, 2006.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Better watch whom you follow- You never know where a Kentuckian might be going.

Ed

"If a car has a KY liscense plate, a 'turn signal' that is on means absolutely nothing!" :laugh: :laugh:

#21 EdSutton, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2006
  2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely!

Hey, this is kind of neat - no one calling anyone else a bunch of names in this thread. How refreshing!

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You think I haven't read the phamplet of driving in Kentucky too? :applause: :tongue3:

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

That is relatively innaccurate, but it begs the question. Does your crowd assume that we have NO responsibility to live a holy life pleasing to God or what?

Yes Jesus is the only way to the Father. He is also the only way to the Kingdom. These two facts do not negate our responsibility to be obedient to the Father. Duh.

Now I ask you in all fairness. If I have misunderstood you and you do believe that a child of God must be obedient to God then why must he do so? Why be obedient?

5. LorenB

LorenB Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I say "Yup" does that make me a "Yuppie"? Yup too !!!!!!!

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

John 14:21 "he who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me."

John 14:23 "if anyone loves Me, he will keep My word.."
    :love2:

7. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Wuts the punchline?

8. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Sorry, you've lost me. av1611jim asked "Why be obedient?" Amy G. replied by quoting three verses from scripture about obedience. Then you (Soulman) replied to Amy's message by asking what the "punchline" is. (I'm assuming that "Wuts" means "What's" and that "punchline" means the same where you are as it does here, that is, "the last part of a joke or funny story that delivers the meaning and the bulk of the humour". ) I am certain that you don't mean that the verses Amy quoted are a joke or a funny story, but I don't know what you did mean. Perhaps it's a case of what George Bernard Shaw claimed about Great Britain and America being "two countries divided by a common language"?

9. Soulman

Soulman New Member

It's in reference to the thread in general. It just struck me as humerous that such a thread could gain momentum. I mean, if we don't have this one right we might as well give up. So, assuming the thread was started as a joke... Wuts the punch line??

10. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Apologies, Soulman. I had wrongly assumed that you were replying to the previous message, not the whole the thread. Sorry.

I fully agree that if we don't believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way, we might as well give up.

Perhaps the original poster, El Guero, could let us know what he had in mind when asking the question. Is he not sure that there is just one way? Or was he asking if in order to be a Baptist it is essential to believe in Christ as the sole way? Perhaps he wanted to find out if there were people calling themselves Baptists who do not believe Jesus is the only way. Maybe he was giving the rest of us a theological test ;) Or possibly none of the above.

Every blessing,

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Perhaps all of the above . . . er . . . below . . .

:saint:

12. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Uh, No, that's what Jesus said and he's God the Son!

Some of us Baptists are very balanced and maintain a soft heart towards those who haven't learned what holiness means to a lost world and how a consecreted life glorifies the Lord.

Now THAT statement wreaks of legalism, saying they MUST darken the doors of a church or their salvation is in question, just the way you questioned it.
    I don't just believe it, I know it!! I John 5:13

13. Watchman

Watchman New Member

To believe anything but that we are saved by by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus is climbing up another way. Those who advocate any other way are robbers and thieve.

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Good post!