1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Mary the mother of YAHWEH?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by jcf, Feb 10, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Recall that the claim made a few posts ago - was that I could find NO Catholic making those claims. To meet that challenge I show the very TOP branch of the RCC making those claims.

And not the subject is to turn on whether there exists any Adventist in all of the world that might hold a position which does not square with the Church??

That is a flip flop.

In Christ,

Bob

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

It isn't a flip-flop for me, since it wasn't my position to begin with. I was just asking a question.

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok so we agree - Popes are not just "any old Catholic" and neither are Cardinals or Bishops.

And it is THESE that we find endorsing the god-role of Mary worshipping at "her altars" and "before her throne" and calling her "allpowerful" and saying that she is sinless like Christ, redeemer WITH Christ, queen of heaven,

All because they are married to a term never used in all of scripture "Mary Mother of God".

In Christ,

Bob

4. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

Tragic Pizza, you claim sin is only inherited through Adam, because he caused the fall. What does the bible say?

1 Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
    14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

The doctrine you support is also supported by the same guy who kisses the Koran. I'd be a little leary about Roman Catholic doctrine without bible to back it up if I were you.
    [​IMG]

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

"Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin..."

Would you argue that the "one man" by whom sin entered the world is Eve, G2G?

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

"Mary, the mother of God" was an affirmation of the deity of Jesus. Historically, it is important since it had to do with Jesus, not with Mary.

I would personally not use the phrase now as it would be confusing and since most people don't know much history and would not know the context, people would think I meant that Mary was the mother of God the Father. I do believe what the Bible says about Mary being Jesus' mother. She was. And Jesus is God the Son.

7. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

C4K,
    Your being facetious, of course not. I'm just trying to establish facts based on the full council of God. Both verses are 100% correct.
    Dave [​IMG]

8. time like this

time like this New Member

Women have eggs, however the seed which contains the embyo comes from the male. in every seed there is a genesis or a new begining. of course God is able by his spirit to cause life to exist in a women the thing he created. since a women does not give her blood to a unborn child. it is formed from the seed, Jesus could be born of a woman and not have a sinful nature since the nature comes from the seed giver and not the carrier of said seed. of course there were no relations in this exchange between the spirit of God and mary. if he can speak a word and the world be created with this same seed principle in mind in vegetation and beasts. it only stands to reason that God is not limited to his creative power yet following a principle of creation that he established.

9. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

Ga 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

I must say, "time like this" your response has been one of the most reasonable thus far. It blows my mind that for all the pastors and old "learned" men that frequent this board, not one has answered so wisely. ;)

10. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Umm....no, that's not accurate. The embryo arises from the zygote which is what you get when the male "seed" fertilizes the female egg. There's no embryo contained in the male "seed".

11. Saveferris

Saveferris Guest

"And Jesus is God the Son."

Yes. Mary is the Mother of Christ, Christ is God. Christ's human and divine nature cannot be separated. Mary is not the origin of divinity of Christ this however does not conflict with her being the mother of God. She is the vessel by which the Savior was born into the world. She is 'full of grace' and 'blessed among women' indeed, but not divine in any sense in herself. She was saved by faith through her Son Jesus.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    #1. No text says "Mary mother of God".

#2. God the son was not "pro-created" as would be needed to accurately use the title for Mary "MOTHER of God"

#3. Eve is called the Mother of mankind - this is not simply a way to say "mankind". It is a title FOR EVE.

#4. Abraham is called the Father of many nations. This is NOT simply a way to talk about "many nations" it is THE TITLE FOR ABRAHAM - a position of honor.

The same for Abraham "Father of the Faithful". this is NOT a way to discribe OTHERs who are faithful - it is a title of honor for Abraham.

"obviously".

The RCC knows this all too well and capitalizes on the fact that if she can get people to think of Mary as a god - they will be able to add all the god-like attributes to her.

All Powerful Mary –

In Christ,

Bob

13. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Nonsense.

I am a guitar player and if I told you that I was the single most talented guitar player to ever live, would you believe it?

Probably not.

If I then said..."Oh yeah? Well, my mother is the mother of the most talented guitar player to ever live!"

Would you say..."I believe, I believe!"

Of course not.

This buisiness of "why, its just an affirmation of Christs diety!" nonsense is nothing but a smokescreen.

There is waaaaay more than that going on with the title "Mother of God" in the Catholic and EOC worlds. The idolatrous attitude towards Mary in the CC and EOC is nothing less them mind boggling.

Sadly,

Mike

14. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Nobody is doing that.

Mike