1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is my church too big?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by vermae, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Boy, is that the truth! Some of the sweetest times in my own little church have been when the Holy Spirit's outpouring had neither been prayed down or worked up. It was a sovereign act of God.

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Amen to that! I know what you mean.
    I have only seen real revival break out twice.
    I mean the stuff like the Welsh revival, or the Great Awakening. Really real stuff.
    It happened twice in the same preaching conference. (That's what we call them. To call it a revival meeting is inaccurate in our view because as you said, only God can do revival.)

Anyway, we saw folks getting saved, folks getting right with God. Tears, laughter, joy, running the aisels, hankies galore. Folks going from one side of the church clear over to the other side to beg forgiveness of a brother whose been wronged. Kids getting right with parents and vice versa. Marriages healed. Backsliders repenting. WHOOOOEEEEE!
    Two nights in a row, and it was not concocted. What a time.

I can't wait for heaven!!!