1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is my video card incompatible?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Aki, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    i have this pc that runs with AMD 200 MHz (K6 processor) and a 64 mb RAM, with an S3 video card of 8 mb. when i tried to replace my video card with a 32 mb inno 3d video card, my pc will not go to windows. it will actually get stuck up after "counting the RAM" and showing those primary master and slave stuff...

anybody knows why is that, or how i can make things work? it's quite a good deal for me if i could change my 8 mb to 32 mb video card, while everything else remains.

i know that purchasing a new pc (or at least a less old one) is a good solution, but i choose to be conservative at the moment but would want a bit of a compromise with the modern methods :D

2. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

Hi Aki,

InnoVISION Multimedia makes a lot of different video cards. Can you say which model you have?

Also, what is the model of the old S3 card?

jim

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. The card should have come with minimum requirements for CPU speed and memory. Double-check them.

2. What version of Windows do you have? Does it try to load Windows at all? Have you tried booting to DOS?

4. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    i have an inno3d tnt2 32 mb video card.

and nope, it would not go to windows, and neither to DOS! it will simply show the first screen you see when you boot up. that is, the one showing your primary master and slave. but with my 8mb video card it's all fine.

5. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh, my... [​IMG]

well, thanks for your info [​IMG]

7. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not saying that's the problem, because I don't know the exact model, etc. But it could be.