1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Obama's Refusal to Negotiate A Cover for Obamacare's Dismal Failure to Launch?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Oct 15, 2013.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Suppose Obama was warned months ago that the federal health insurance exchanges were going to be plagued with technical problems and basically be a total failure. It would be exposed as a complete and utter farce and a public relations nightmare. His signature achievement is fodder for Leno, Letterman, Fallon, etc.

Seeing the launch of the exchanges coincided with the date of a possible government shutdown perhaps he figured if he dragged out the shutdown as long as possible he might be able to buy time to get the exchanges fixed. Never let a crisis go to waste and all that...

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

I'm not so sure about that. I'm beginning to think, as information comes out about the poor coding of the website, the launch of that aspect of the ACA falling flat on its face is intentional. He knew people wouldn't buy the insurance if they saw how expensive it is. That would give the lie to his promise it would be "easy and affordable." I think they designed the failure into it so they could also hide the fact the only thing they really wanted was your personal information. You can't get to the quotes without giving up your life medical and financial history. They've got that information on a few thousand people now.

The question: What will they do with it?

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been reading that the problem is interfacing several differing computer systems, from several different eras, across several government agencies. They can't get all elements connecting smoothly.

As to the information collection, the government already has all that info somewhere. By registering on the exchanges you are doing a great job of collecting all this info in one central place for the government. I don't see why you must give all personal information before you can view plans and pricing, surely a username and password would be sufficient. That's the way it is on the Minnesota run exchange.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Having the website load 92 pages of code every time a new page is called up has a lot to do with it, too.

No. The government, to this point, has not had your medical history, and HIPAA assures you they can't get it. But that all changes if you create a profile on that idiotic website. Again, that's what they want in the first place.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

They had all that information well before now.

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

Financial, yes. Medical, no, as they have been prevented by HIPAA from acquiring it. Now we are asked to freely give up that information in order to create a profile on the ACA website so we can see how much of a ripoff the plan really is. Again, that's what they really want. Why?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm hard pressed to think they don't have that either. The entire way our government works is a facade.