1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Obama's Reign Over?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by DHK, Nov 25, 2010.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I bet this news story doesn't get very far. Obama and his cronies don't care about law. Unless it fits their needs.

I just don't see it going through; him being convicted and then being unseated.

Also, Arnold Schwarzenegger has contemplated running for president. He was born in Thal, Austria. He's not qualified.

The sad thing is, kids these days do not care about truth or laws. They have been indoctrinated by Universities &C to be politically correct. It's working well.

I suppose this doesn't apply to being a governor.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't hold your breath, unless you look good being blue. This would open a huge can of worms. According to the article it would also mean that McCain was not eligible to be president. His was born of American parents, but not in the US. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone. The US controlled the Canal Zone, but it was not technically a part of the US. It was never designated as a territory and certainly not a state.

From the article:

Notice it says "born in the United States." Technically McCain was not born in the US.

Then there are other questions:

Would children of American parents born in another country be natural citizens?
    Would they be allowed to vote?
    Are they citizens at all?
    What is the country they were born in also considers them citizens simply because they were born there?

Too many cans of worms would be opened.

#3 Crabtownboy, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Good, I'm glad your spin would keep Mcain from being President. He would have been just as bad as Obama. One is a sorry President, even worse than Carter, and the other would probably have been just as sorry.

5. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

I do believe that we will find that Federal Laws specifically states that children born to American Citizens stationed overseas on government orders (As McCain's parents were) are natural born citizens.

Nice spin, but it doesn't comply with the law as written.

The question of McCain's elegibility WAS addressed and settled prior to the election. Obama's was not.

By the way, I didn't want either one of them.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

There are only two kinds of citizen, natural and naturalized.

7. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't believe there are still people stupid enough to obsess over this idiocy!

He was born in the US. That makes him a natural born citizen.
    His mother was a natural born citizen. That makes him a natural born citizen.

The only other type of citizen is a naturalized citizen. Someone born in another country of two non-US citizens who immigrates to this country and becomes a naturalized citizen.

My father was a British subject. My mother was a natural born US citizen. In other words, the same as President Obama. I have voted in every election since 1968. If Obama is not a citizen neither am I and every election I have voted in since 1968 is now null and void due to my having voted without being a citizen.

I served my country in the US Army from 1966-1972. I held a Security Clearance. I still hold a Security Clearance. Those clearances, at the level I hold, are only for US Citizens.

If you want to tell me to my face I am not a US Citizen, bring it on. I am an old, disabled man, but you tell me to my face I am not an American, well, I may not be able to whip your fat *** but I guarantee you will know you were in a fight!

I don't like what Obama is doing to this country, but to keep obsessing over this nonsense just makes the rest of us who have valid reasons for not liking his Presidency look as stupid as the "birthers" and equally idiotic "911 truthers."

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You indicated the law - but is the law constitutional?

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTB: Stick to the last parts of your post. The part about McCain -- who cares? We're talking about the current, sitting president, not someone who might or might not be considered for president at a later time. For pete's sakes, keep your arguments relevant.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberal Red Herring. The cases are not even remotely similar.

There is no doubt McCain is a citizen. Obama may not be.

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there is no doubt that Obama is a citizen. In fact he has a better claim than McCain. Obama was born in the US of a natural born US citizen. McCain was born in a foreign country of a natural born US citizen but his parents were married in Mexico so their marriage may not have been legal in the US so his father's citizenship may not be in play.

See? Anybody can come up with idiotic scenarios and manufacture instant conspiracy theories. :(

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is still doubt ... it just cant be proven he wasnt.... (yes, that is a double negative)
    Just show us the full birth certificate and shut us...

13. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

There is no "full birth certificate". Hawaii no longer issues the so-called long-form. There is no doubt that Mr. Obama is a natural-born citizen of the United States. This whole birther thing is just stupid.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

#14 Salty, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  15. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Salty, be honest with me: What do you think he might be hiding?

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have absoutely no ideal- either its something big or as another poster said (in another thread) he is refusing to release it to keep the debate going which in turn keeps our conversation off the real issues.

Why can't politicians (all - not just POTHUS) be forthcomming with all vaild requests. We demand to see tax returns, church sermons, DWI'S over 10 years old,grades in school (Did Joe Biden cheat on a SU term paper), membership is certian groups ect, ect, ect....

17. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has made his birth certificate public. His looks exactly like mine. There is no doubt except in the minds of people with little or no understanding of how birth records are kept. Good grief! Give it a rest! Do some research and see how electronic records are kept.

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hawaii moved to electronic record keeping in 2001. All you get now is a print out of the information copied into the digital archive from the old paper birth certificate. Very few people who are well into adulthood still have the original copy of their birth certificate. I certainly don't. I have a printout of the record in the digital archive.

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a paper copy with orginal seal

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

Actually, there are many problems with the short form birth certificate Obama presented to the public, here is a good video on Youtube that shows the many problems with this form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBgkDSw-wQ0

There is other evidence as well, to this day no one has been able to locate a single nurse or doctor who was present when Obama was born even though $10,000 was offered for this evidence. To this day not one person has come forward to collect this award offered by WorldNet Daily.

If I had been present when Obama was born, I would have come forward immediately. Easiest money ever earned.