1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Ohio the new Florida?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Matt Black, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

...if so, the candidate who has the greatest number of lawyers wins. So much for government by the people...

Yours in Christ

Matt

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

I could be wrong, but I think that the Florida scenario in the last election was an anomaly. Media outlets and lawyers probably hope that the same thing will happen again, but I don't think so. Could be wrong, of course.

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Broward County, Florida had half the absentee ballots (which comes to 58,000) that were to be mailed out go missing. And there is an on-going probe into the voter registration purge.

Florida is holding its own.

4. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Every election turns out problems in every state.

But, to be a big issue, the problems have to be big enough to make a difference in a state that is big enough to make a difference in an election that is close enough to be turned by that particular state.

The chances of that happening are not as great as you might think, although it seems that there is a effort to derail the process.

5. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I live in FL and had them mail me an absentee ballot. This morning someone called me to remind me to mail it (which I had already done) and told me that they would come and pick it up. WOW, now that is service!!!

6. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How very nice of them! Who's coming to collect it then? I'm sure they have absolutely no partisan motive for 'helping' you so generously...Be afraid, be very afraid

Yours in Christ

Matt

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Sure, Matt, because in America, everyone is out to get you.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Actually, NBC reported that in Florida Democrats are paying people to go pick up absentee ballots...provided they are in fact democrats. Democrats are under investigation in Tennessee for paying people to register voters by the head, which is an illegal practice.

9. ballfan

ballfan New Member

On the news they were saying there are four counties in Ohio that have more registered voters than people living in them.

Ohio might be another Cook County, ILL. where it is said JFK the first stole the 1960 election.