1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Palin a pro-life advocate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Oct 5, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

That's been my point all along!

LeBuick, the site you quoted:
    1. Offered no information to support your claim.
    2. Was not an official "Palin" site.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Double post

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Then I apologize LE and others, I thought it was Palin's site. Again, I read in an article that she had softened her position which I believed as an attempt to attract the Hillary/Feminist movement. I thought that was her site I was verifying a softer view on.

I will look for her site to see where she stands or if she agrees with this site.

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Well, on Palin's web site
    http://www.palinforvp.com/ she says.

Abortion should be states' issue, not federal mandate

Q: Why is Roe v. Wade a bad decision?

A: I think it should be a states' issue not a federal government-mandated, mandating yes or no on such an important issue. I'm, in that sense, a federalist, where I believe that states should have more say in the laws of their lands and individual areas. Now, foundationally, it's no secret that I'm pro-life that I believe in a culture of life is very important for this country. Personally that's what I would like to see further embraced by America.
    Source: 2008 CBS News presidential interview with Katie Couric Oct 1, 2008

Constitution does offer an inherent right to privacy

Q: Do you think there's an inherent right to privacy in the Constitution?
    A: I do. Yeah, I do.
    Q: The cornerstone of Roe v. Wade.
    A: I do. And I believe that individual states can best handle what the people within the different constituencies in the 50 states would like to see their will ushered in an issue like that.
    Source: 2008 CBS News presidential interview with Katie Couric Oct 1, 2008

Privacy is the cornerstone of the Roe vs. Wade decision. She supports that. She does not support a law by the federal government making abortion illegal.

I think it should be a states' issue not a federal government-mandated, mandating yes or no on such an important issue.

So she will express her own beliefs against abortion but belies that women have a right to privacy (control over their own body) and that the federal government should leave any changes in abortion law up to the states. So can someone tell me just exactly what she will do in the federal government to change the abortion law in the U.S.? Just like good old George W. Bush the answer is nothing. Just about what she's done in Alaska as opposed to talk about.