1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Rock Music the Devil?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by FR7 Baptist, Mar 19, 2010.

?

Is rock music the devil?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2010.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    88.5%
  1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

In answer to the OP, no. I listen to a lot of different types of music and am a fan of a lot of rock music.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I play piano, though nothing to brag about. I can hold my own on drums, bass, and years ago used to play a mean blues harp, but I am out of practice on that now.

I agree about the Les Paul, after several hours your neck and back are really feeling it. They have awesome tone, but the Strat is by far the easier to play in my opinion as well.

I forgot one of my guitars the other day, I also own an old Danelectro 56-U2.

[​IMG]

This guitar is made of a plywood frame with masonite over the top, super light. It is a great sounding guitar and you get a volume boost whenever you switch to the middle pickup position. The only downside is you cannot adjust the intonation. Still, a great guitar with a very unique tone.

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah NIB the least like satanic music.

I have a harmony les paul copy that I like. How do people like semi holow bodies?

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Sorry, but what does NIB mean?

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I agree. Years ago when so much new music was coming out in the Christian music field, I began reading about the writers of the music and found that they might not be worshiping the same God as I. But even at that one needs to be careful, I've always liked, "I saw the Light" written by Hank Williams and "Why me Lord" written by Kris Kristofferson. Neither one of these men to my knowledge were or are know for their walk with the Lord, but only God knows!

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Proof of the Source is in the Lyrics...

IMHO, I firmly believe that the lyrics will tell you all you need to know when it comes to protecting your spirit from secular music. The words, and what those words mean to you, and make you think, or do when hearing them is one way to determine if the song is of a form that is purely entertainment, or, devil sent to influence the mind, heart, and soul.

My wife and I have successfully taken rock songs from the 60' and 70's, and using the music, we changed the direction and intent of the song for the Glory of Jesus.

For instance we took the Everly Brothers "Bye, Bye, Love" and wrote words that make the song over to be, "Bye, Bye Sin!"

We took the Beach Boys "Surfin' USA" and reworked it to be, "Churchin' USA!"

Chuck Berry had a great hit with "Johnny B. Goode". Leaving the name in place, Johnny B. Goode is now playing his "hot guitar" for Jesus at the church on Sunday mornings.

We have a large following, and the only thing that stops us from doing an album is the money it takes to legally get the rights from the original artist and composer to make a recording. This is frustrating, but, the music really works at every church we minister at.

If you want to know more about our ministry go to www.removethahze.com page 5 titled, Airlift Ministries.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

7. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is just like the band Apologetix. They are SO fun to listen to.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry About the Web Address, It Is NOW Correct

the web site should be: www.removethehaze.com

Sorry if you couldn't get through:smilewinkgrin:

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL :wavey:

12. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It initially didn't mean any thing. It was short for NIBBY an nick name for one of the band members in black sabbath. Later when the album was released in the US it became known as Nativity in Black. I was being sarcastic as the song is very satanic as the lyrics are about Satan seducing a young woman. As I review rock songs over the years most are about sex (illicit - non marital), then drugs, satanism, then other criminal activity. Quite a few have to do with suicide, all pretty much are rebellious.
    though this is true can the type of music be blamed or the populist culture?

13. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Thanks for the clarification. The lyrics, I think we all agree, are the primary factor on whether or not a song is satanic or not.

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that is true in my opinion

For what it's worth, that is how I see it, too!Forget the backward masking phenomena, IMHO, it was the words that heard going forward that made the music what it is: for the devil, or just entertainment.:thumbs: