1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Roman Catholicism accurate in every detail?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DQuixote, Jun 4, 2007.

?
  1. No, it isn't. It's a counterfeit, a cult.

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. No, it incorporates a multitude of errors.

17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Yes. It's the truth, the whole truth, and nothin' but.

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Maybe it's as good as any other approach. Whatever.

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Some say yes, others say no, some say maybe, some would rather go to bed.

What say you?

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, No, No, Noooooo. They are wrong in every detail, which most of 1.3 billion Catholics and many other Christians do not know!

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh good, just what we need -- another Catholic bashing thread.

4. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Every detail?

Catechism of the Catholic Church has "the power, honor, and glory due to God the father are also due to Jesus" -- from paragraph 449.

That is a Vatican-sponsored document. It is of utmost `officialness. That statement appears to be one of their correct ones.
    Rolling my eyes in agreement :rolleyes: then applauding the statement :applause: . We have had too many of those.

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Sir.
    Look at a broken clock, it will hit the exact time twice a day!

I can prophesy you when it will hit the exact time if you bring me a clock which is out of order. Then you may call me a prophet! :laugh:

Maybe their god is just decorated with the name of Jesus, as the son god of a woman, goddess. ( Ishtar or IHS)

Look at the fake money bill, you will find more similarity between the fake money bill and the genuine than that between the True christianity and RCC.

Can you point out one of the followings as the most truthful teachings of RCC, as the most faithful with the Scripture?

- Salvation by Grace + Works
    - Salvation by baptism ( Baptismal Regeneration)
    - Infant Baptism ( Unbelievers Baptism bringing the unbelievers into the church)
    - Baptism by sprinkling ( Pagan holy water dropped on the forehead) which doesn’t teach the burial of old person and resurrection with Jesus Christ.
    - Idol making for Mary or Joseph or Jesus
    - Idol worshipping for those statues
    - Immaculate Conception of Mary
    - Perpetual Virginity of Mary
    - Assumption : Ascension of Mary
    - Theotokos : calling Mary Mother of God, meaning God the Son of Mary.
    - Mary as Mother of Church
    - Queen of Heaven
    - Clergy system with hierarchy
    - Compulsory Celibacy
    - Confession to the Priests
    - Papacy
    - Papal infallibility
    - Whorish Tradition of so-called holy tradition
    - No Salvation outside Roman Catholic Church
    - Purgatory
    - Limbo
    - Mass which is ever asking forgiveness of the sins without bringing the Gospel that such sins were already forgiven at the Cross.
    - Transubstantiation ( Magic performance by Catholic Priests)
    - Extreme Unction after death
    - Prayer to the Dead
    - Prayer thru the Dead
    -Prayer for the Dead
    - Prayer to Mary
    -Pray with Rosario
    - all the signs of pagan origin such as ankh cross, mark of IHS, threefold hats for the pope, etc.
    - Chemarim costumes ( Black costumes used for Idol worshipping priests)
    - Crusade
    - Inquisition
    - Indulgence

If you choose one, I will refute it!

#5 Eliyahu, Jun 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John Wycliffe called Pope is the Anti-Christ
    Martin Luther called Pope is the Anti-Christ
    John Wesley did the same.
    John Calvin did the same.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/4fathers.htm

Spurgeon said this:

It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist, and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question.
    If it be not the popery in the Church of Rome there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name.

http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=antichrist_24

Were they all wrong in finding and defining Anti-Christ?

I like the London Baptist Confession:

1689 London Baptist Confession

Chapter 26: Of the Church. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, and all that is called God; whom the Lord shall destroy with the brightness of his coming. ( Colossians 1:18; Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 4:11, 12; 2 Thessalonians 2:2-9 )

Dear Baptists!

Were your ancestors wrong? Otherwise, you may not be the true descendants of the True Baptists.

#6 Eliyahu, Jun 5, 2007
  7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

The devil is in the details of the RCC.

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have known you are a true believer since long time ago:thumbs:

9. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before the Reformation, this is what most Preachers taught regarding Antichrist

Date Name Reference Interpretation

c. 1310 Dante Alighieri : Rev. 17 Harlot is Roman Church

c. 1379
    John Wycliffe: Pope is the Antichrist

Abomination of Desolation
    Little Horn
    Man of Sin
    Rev. 17 Harlot ​

c. 1412

John Huss : Pope is the Antichrist

Abomination of Desolation

Little Horn
    Man of Sin​

Rev. 13 1st Beast
    Rev. 17 Harlot - Papacy​

Rev. 17 Bbabylon

#9 Eliyahu, Jun 5, 2007
  10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Here we go again.

Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

I wish you people had another page in your hymnbook of hatred.

11. peterotto

peterotto New Member

I was catholic for many years.
    I can't call it a "cult" only because Dr Walter Martin's definition of a "cult" doesn't match RCC as a cult.

12. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Eliyahu: your hatred for the organization and your bigotry runs so deep that you do not realize what you said.

You just insisted that Roman Catholicism's teaching that "the power, honor, and glory due to God the Father are also due to Jesus" is wrong.

The other details you listed of Roman Catholicism from either official teaching, common teaching, their past, or more than one of these -- are wrong, as far as I can see.

However, the one detail I quoted is correct. There are others I could have.

Of course, I predicted that this would not matter to you, and I was right. I knew that you would refuse to accept the inaccuracy of your statement, and that you would continue as you wish.

Eliyahu: an organization's wrongness and checkered past does not justify an `anything goes' approach. Jesus Christ called us to a higher standard.

#12 Darron Steele, Jun 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  13. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Darrone,
    I told that the Broken Clock can hit the Exact time twice a day!
    RCC can be right if they said it truly, but I mentioned they could say that in order to pretend to be the believers:

Look at Jesus here:

Matt 15:

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Yes, RCC honors God, Jesus and Holy Spirit with their mouth, but their heart is far from God.

In that case, do you and I have to be cheated by them?

Read this:
    Revelation 2:
    6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

What does Jesus HATE ?

What is Nicolaitane?

What does Son of God HATE ?
    Heb 1:
    8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Galatians 4:
    16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

#13 Eliyahu, Jun 5, 2007
  14. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

I couldn't vote in that poll because there weren't enough options. I don't believe the RCC is correct in every detail, but nor do I think it's a "cult" or has a "multititude of errors". I believe the RCC has some errors, but I don't think option 4 is right either because I don't think its way(S) of establishing truth are just as good as any other. I actually think in a lot of ways (though not all--particularly regarding the peculiar doctrines of the papacy and the tendency to over-dogmatize) the RCC approach, involving history and traditional interpretations, is somewhat better than the ahistorical approach of the "solo scripturists".

15. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, it seems that some people have a trouble of Vision Problem.

Read here:

1689 London Baptist Confession

Chapter 26: Of the Church. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, and all that is called God; whom the Lord shall destroy with the brightness of his coming. ( Colossians 1:18; Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 4:11, 12; 2 Thessalonians 2:2-9 )

If you are a Baptist, were your ancestors wrong?

If you are not a Baptist, were the Baptists all wrong?

16. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Darron,

I thought you know very much about the whole things.

Now do I have to respect the sheepskins of the wolves?

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Darron,

Remember this, there were 7000 true believers who didn't kneel down to the Baal, but only Elijah fought against Baal worshippers. At the end only Elijah was raptured. The other 7,000 didn't have the privilege of Rapture.

I want to tell you this. There will be a huge difference even among the True believers. If you don't fight the Idolatry, even if you go to Heaven, there will be least reward.

I personally believe this. Only the people who fought the Idolatry, Pagan worship, will have the privilege to participate in the New Millennium.

Read here:
    Rev 20:
    4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Heb 11:
    35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Apparently, there is a huge difference in reward depending on how one believer fought against the Paganism, Idolatry.

I don't deny that the believers will go to the heaven as long as they are born again in Jesus by Holy Spirit, but believe that there are huge differences among the believers.

17. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Come on, folks. The poll wasn't posted to collect a bunch of negative comments. I'd like to be able to present a poll where there is ZERO option to comment.

I don't hate the Catholics; I strongly disagree with their interpretation of scripture. Let's all cool it, okay? I thought about a couple more items, then decided to limit it to four.

18. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see that the historic RCC is loaded with errors - is responsible for leading the countries of Europe into gross crimes against humanity and corruption of the Gospel that in many ways today remains unchanged.

At the same time I believe it has some truth in it still to this day... did a lot of missionary work world wide and has saved Christians in it to this very day.

in Christ,

Bob

19. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I respectively disagree with you. The Gospel might have been preached even thru RCC, not becuase the people followed the doctrines of RCC, but because they disobeyed and ignored the teachings of RCC and instead they followed the teachings of the Scripture, which may be very rare cases.

20. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

For a lesson to the Catholic Bashers, I offer this redaction and misquotation of Bob Ryan's post:

It applies equally. When you pull that log out of your eye, folks, let me know.