1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is satan the God of this world?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Feb 18, 2013.

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

the great Dragon with the 7 heads and 10 horns and his angels are symbolism--you cant tell me Satan has 7 heads and 10 horns can you?? He really is ugly then :)angels also means messengers--here again your taking symbolism and trying to make it literal--which it is not:)

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

its ok friend if any respond any more to my threads--but you still havent provided anything to declare what you are trying to say--but are providing scriptures and then speculating on them :)

when we BOTH are in heaven--one of us us going to be wrong,and if its me--ill take it,at least im not going to worship some so called fallen angel over the God of Heaven:)---but if you are wrong,what will you say to God for worshipping that idol and false god ??

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Now you have to clarify some things and in so doing make some choices.
    You have seriously accused Icon.

Icon worships the Lord Jesus Christ who is deity.
    Your post infers that he is worshiping a false god, hence calling Christ a false god.
    Is this true? Are you labeling Christ, the God that Icon worships, a false god? That is what you accused Icon of. If it isn't true, you owe him an apology. If it is true you don't belong on this board, for what you said is blasphemy. And your conclusion is wrong in the respect that you will not have the chance to ask God anything.

Secondly, since you are posting directly to Icon, give me the URL, the exact quote where Icon said that he is worshiping a fallen angel. Otherwise why would you say: "At least I am not worshiping a fallen angel." Is Christ the fallen angel? Again, that is who Icon worships! What is your agenda here?

Who is the true God of heaven? Define him.
    Please answer these questions for me.

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

all i did was say the same about icon as you all are saying about me that he was specualting on who the sciptures meant that person or persons to be without the scripture actually saying upfront who it actually is :)

no harm intended at all :) after all no one here has shown where the event actually happened of a fallen angel named Satan fell from God's abode in the bible?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I see your post in a far different light. I would appreciate an answer to the questions I asked.

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

i made a contrast that if i was wrong and he was wrong----if i am wrong then he will be right if he is wrong then i will be right---if i am right,it will turn out to be that those on the other side will be the worshippers of that idol and false god--:)

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So you are accusing Icon of worshiping a false God, and that false god is Christ for that is who Icon worships. Am I correct?

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you are trying to play the part of the scribes arent you--trying to trick and decieve and turn peoples words againt them just liked they did to Jesus ?

Great example of Satan(adversary) :)

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As long as you can't give me a straight answer to that question, I will now consider you an atheist with no belief in God. Why are you afraid to testify of Christ?

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

in heaven when we are all there--if what i say turns out to be right and there never was a fallen angel named Satan from God's abode--then at that time all those who believed that will be idol and false god worshippers in the eyes of God himself :)

but if i am wrong at that time--then i will have to admit to God and will answer myself to him just as you will :)

Hope this answers your question--but i dout it :)

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No it won't. You won't answer direct questions about the deity of Christ. I find that troubling.
    Icon worships Christ who is deity.
    You say he worships a false god.
    Does he?
    Is Christ a false god?

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

i have testified over and over again on these boards of Christ--the Father,Son,and Holy Ghost

Just because i dont believe in a fallen angel from God's abode--then you are sayin that i dont believe in Christ????

what more do you want me to say regarding Christ ??

this is still a great example of what i have been saying about the Satan word--the High Priest and those under him are the ones who tempted him to do evil,tried to trick him in his words,what will you do next come down to my house and take me away and beat me and hang me on a cross :)

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, but if you believe that Christ is deity, then you owe Icon an apology.
    He worships Christ, who is deity. Why did you say he is worshiping a false god and will give account for it when he stands before the Lord? That is a serious accusation to make.

You still didn't come out and answer my question:
    Is Jesus Christ deity?
    And further: Do you believe in the trinity as defined in orthodox Christianity?

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you still are blinded to what i said--i never said icon didnt worship Christ ?

i said if i was right about Satan and he was wrong he would turn out to be a idol and false god worshipper--and if i was wrong and he was right then i would be the one that was wrong:)

further more you can worship more that 1 idol and false god at a time :)

Christ was the Son of God who was sent in the Flesh to bear the sins of the world.

Christ was the Son in the Trinity of Father,Son,Spirit one God 3 persons :)

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Is Christ deity? Yes or no.

16. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

i just quoted you in the post above that Christ was indeed Deity ? did you even read it ?

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, but this is the clear answer that I was waiting for.
    There are many cults that will say he is the Son of God but deny his deity.
    Why is it like pulling teeth to get you to come out with a testimony that Christ is deity? That is all I wanted from the very beginning.

18. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HW,

I believe in The Lord Jesus Christ and worship God alone, through Jesus alone, By a God given faith.

Jesus is the one and only mediator between God and man ;
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

I am thankful that DHK has challenged you and some of the wording in your post.I have gone against DHK on several areas of teaching and some differences that we have, But we are brothers in Christ.He knows that I would cover his back , and he likewise will not allow someone to bear false witness towards me.

There is clearly symbolic language used in the bible.The symbols have a literal meaning.......for example...ten heads can speak of 10 literal nations under Satans control, or a four headed beast could speak of a worldwide system.... that is a separate issue.

let's keep it simple- in scripture we have some key places and some key persons .....
    1]the trinity

2]Elect Angels

3] fallen angels

4] Satan

5] Man

6] Animals

7]Sun, moon, and stars

Satan was in heaven
    was in the garden of Eden
    was seen afflicting Job
    was seen trying to tempt Christ on earth
    spoken of as the god of this age who blinds the mind of unbelievers
    was defeated at the cross and headed for an eternity in hell.

Many have posted good verses for you . These verses have always been understood and believed in the church over time.

Do you think that somehow all of us have all been wrong, and that God has singled you out as unique to reveal something to you that has been concealed to the whole church world?

If so....why would that be?

Or do you think it is possible that you have looked up what the words mean by definition...and now are misusing this in terms of the actual beings scripture speaks of?

Have you noticed that there are many persons on BB and yet no one has any ideas similar to what you are offering ?

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Neither DHK nor Icon are blinded by much anything. They are both very well versed in Scripture, and are both mature Christians. They disagree at times. On some things I agree with DHK, and some Icon. Even in the areas I disagree, I would bet that each has studied Scripture, and different conclusions are because of how they look at the verses. One thing for sure, both believe the Gospel, and both believe that Christ is God, fully God, and fully deserving of worship and praise. That is reserved only for Beings that were not created.

I do not know why you fail to capitalize first words of sentences but take the time to capitalize Satan. "False god worshiper" sure sounds like another poster on this board. There is no "if" about it. You are wrong about Satan. He is literal, alive and well. He does not cause all evil, but he does plenty. "If" a frog had wings, he would not bump his butt.

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Wrong again, Bible scholar breath. Christ was not the Son of God, He is the Son of God and is fully God, the Creator, and 100% Divine. Christ was not in the Trinity, He is in the Trinity.

20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

im not the only one who has left that traditional teaching there are more :)