1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Skin Color more of an Issue than We Acknowledge?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Link and proof please .... perhaps you are just spouting your wishes with no proof.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey smarty pants maybe you should read the news every once in a while:

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans.

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...s_view_blacks_as_racist_than_whites_hispanics

#22 Revmitchell, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the link. Why didn't you give it in your first reply? It is an interesting article. Note it say people think ... not a scientific study ... but an interesting article.

Like I said in my post, at least many Americans admit there is still racism. In Europe that is not true. They all say Americans are racist, but refuse to see their own prejudices and racist attitudes.

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lots of folk are too young to remember those days. Also hotels and motels would not allow Blacks to stay overnight. Restaurants would not serve Black people. Jim Crow laws were really bad. Lynchings went unpunished. Voter laws were designed to keep Blacks from voting. The list could go on and on.

Thank God it is better now.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point of the poll was to see how people view the issue. Even blacks view blacks as more racist.Does that make it factual? You bet it does.And I often make reference to what is common knowledge by people who keep up with news and current events without posting a link to everything.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth is that if there was no "politcal pressure" brough to bear, Zimmerman would have NOT been charged for anything, as former police chief testified!

Just think that real preduduce exists among the "race baiters" among Blacks, just as badly among ignorat white peoples!

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have known for a long time that you consider your own opinion as fact. I did not realize you believe that others opinion is also fact. Hmmmmmm

I am not sure Zaac is correct in his last post. We will never know.

#27 Crabtownboy, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013