1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is "soulwinning" a fundamental?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by sister christian, Apr 18, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

God bless your testimony, dcorbett!! :applause: That blesses my heart! And sure -- we all tremble at the awesome responsibility and how we can fulfill it. But no -- it's not WE, it's the Spirit through us! :thumbs:

skypair

2. skypair

skypair Active Member

This is where you lose us. Draws how? With BELIEVERS, right?

WOW! I couldn't disagree more!! You're thinking of angels here, Ja, reciting "Holy, Holy, Holy" in a pristine heaven all day! Do you have a family? a job? a country? Do you eat? Where do you find the time while singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" all day?

skypair

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

Wow! You must be reading my mind! "Worship" they call it! :tonofbricks:

skypair

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

Apparently you didn't read my notes on Eph 4:3-6 regarding the REAL fundamentals.

And are you denigrating fundamentalists? "Big Mannagod?"

The "fundamentals" you name are "Calvin-speak" for Eph 4:1-3. Get with the Program -- the BIBLE!

skypair

5. skypair

skypair Active Member

So you are actively involved in soul-winning? spreading the gospel? You are a rare species around here! :laugh: It's great fun though, isn't it?!

Don't let the "sour-pusses" around here get you down! :jesus: You can have one of my crowns because I applaud your efforts, dcorbett!

Where have you been all these 1000 posts? We all should have seen this encouragement long ago!

I need to add -- I haven't been soul-winning in years. Yeah, I shared Christ in the cockpit numerous times. Ocassionally elsewhere. But "winning" is another thing, isn't it. Going after the "fish" is quite another thing, isn't it. "Bait on a hook" doesn't compare with "drawing the net," does it. God bless us all with your example, dcorbett.

skypair

#65 skypair, Apr 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2008
  6. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    skypair, thank you, but I am just a lowly sinner, saved by the amazing grace of God through the blood sacrifice of Jesus, who died in my place...and I want to share the good news. I spent years doing nothing. I am so happy, serving Him.

Go out soul winning, you will be blessed!!! Sounds like you know how to let the Holy Spirit guide you. :thumbs: We had 4 people saved on Sunday. And those were people that came to church, resulted from door knocking on Saturdays.

7. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

To an extent, we surely must be caught up, not with whether we use a particular term, but with whether we all mean the same thing by that term. How can we discuss anything if some of us give a different meaning than others to the words describing the theme (in this case, "soul-winning")? To take a non-controversial example, suppose someone asked, in the Sport Forum, "Do you like football?" Football here is what you call "Soccer" in America, where "football" is a different game, so to answer meaningfully it is essential to know what the questioner means by "football".

Sorry if any of my posts have seemed "legalistic"; that was not intended. :)