1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is suicide unforgivable

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ashleysdad, May 31, 2015.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it was. Let's pray he takes her advise.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother,

First I want you to know that God does hear you. Also I am part of a nationwide prayer and to the best of my knowledge there is not a single state that does not have multiple people praying for you right now. That even includes Christians on the Navajo Reservation.

I know the feelings of hopelessness are very real and may even feel like the most real thing you have ever experienced. Just know that the perception these very real feelings cause are not real. These feelings can and do fool us into thinking things are different than they really are.

Also, no matter what may be going on between you and your family they do not wish this for you and would miss you should you ever be gone. Please hang on no matter how strong the feelings grab a hold of you. The feelings are real but the perception they cause are not. Contact me as soon as you can.

3. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Rev!!

4. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

:thumbs:AD, Praying for you since I read this yesterday.

I've struggled with depression myself over the years, so I can understand in some ways, and a particular passage that has always helped me is Psalm 77.

It has taken time for your particular situation to get to this point and it will take time for God to work the situation out to his Glory. Trust him and give him the time to show his faithfulness.

Psalm 37:3-7 says: Trust in the Lord, and do good;Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.Delight yourself also in the Lord,And He shall give you the desires of your heart.Commit your way to the Lord,Trust also in Him,And He shall bring it to pass.He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,And your justice as the noonday.Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;

I like Spurgeon's commentary on verse 7 and go back to this often when I'm perplexed about the difficulties of life he says:

From your posts it seems you feel as God is not working. I think since you realize what you have done wrong and how you have treated them it shows that you are repentant about your past actions, and I don't think you'd be doing that if God wasn't working in you to bring about that repentant attitude. Take some time, get some perspective, and let God work in this situation.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TH....you have a good heart brother. I'm sure (with the help of God) that AD will work through this. God bless you both.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sentiments exactly. Well said brother.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me see .... it is easy to call suicide prevention hot lines. These people will get this guy headed for the help he needs.

Just because he's a pastor doesn't exclude him or make him immune to suicidal thoughts. Rick Warren was a pastor, and he was powerless to help his son. It happens. He should seek help, ASAP.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where? A community hospital emergency room perhaps. I did an extensive study in my area & was appalled by my findings....they were poor at best!

Paul, i dont disagree with you....I only pray its professional & compassionate!

9. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

First I want to say thank-you for all the prayers and advice. It is overwhelming to me to know that brothers and sisters that I have never met are praying for me. You will never know how thankful I am. As this continues to unfold I am being forced to realize that my life has been a sham. I thought I was a good father and husband. I knew that I had a sharp tongue and would say harsh things when I was angry but I never stopped to see just how devastating it really was. I always just figured it was part of family life and I took comfort in the idea that since we also had a lot of fun times together it must not really be that bad.

I am also seeing that it was not just my family life that was fake it was my spiritual life as well. I took pride in the various ministries that I was involved in (selfish pride). I enjoyed having people say what a good Youth Pastor, Preacher, etc that I was. Meanwhile I was like a stage prop. Looked good on the outside but nothing really behind it.

I have always struggled with the idea of "assurance of salvation" I would hear people talk about it and what a blessing it was and I would realize that I never really had it. So I would immerse myself in my activities. Honestly, I don't know that I am saved. I know all the verses. I know the "sinners prayer". I can explain this to others but I am not sure of it myself. The other problem I have is I find myself questioning my motives. Do I really want to be right with God or is it just because I am desperate and hope that if I say the "right words" God will fix my family. I know that I believe that God is real and that Jesus is Gods Son. I believe that He did everything the Bible says He did and that He died for all sin and was buried and rose again. I also believe that He is coming again. What I am struggling with is that I am NOT sure that I trust that this is sufficient or that my motives are or have been pure? Do I really want to be saved or do I want people to notice? I have always been told that Salvation is simple. Right now it seems like it is the most complicated thing in the world. I know that I don't want to be cast away and I know that I don't want to harden my heart to the point of no return. I just want some clarity and to be able to trust That God really does love me and that Jesus really will save me and to know that I really want to be right with Him for the right reasons.

I am sorry that this is so lengthy but I wanted to try to get it all out. Thank-you again for all the prayers.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother when sin and even great trials enter our lives it can cause us to doubt our salvation. No one here can dub you saved or not but what you need to do is to stick with scripture.

We have been heavily worried about you. please stay in touch in this thread regularly and let us know how things are going.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I guess what I would ask you is this: Would you still trust God if everything truly was taken from you? If you lost your ministry, lost your family - would God be enough for you? We don't know that God is going to heal everything in your life because sometimes He chooses not to do that. But God is still good and worthy of honor and praise. Can you still have faith in that God?

12. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Sir, I would just add this. No one is deserving of the least of the blessings of God. Probably no one understood this more than Job. He lost everything he had. His friends turned against him, even his wife said, curse God and die. Job however realized God was to be worshipped regardless of the circumstances. Through it all Job said, The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord. Sometimes God strips us that he may clothe us. Sometimes He empties the vessel that He may fill it back up. You are not going through something that no one else has not experienced before and came out of it still giving God the Glory. Everyone has problems in this life that to them are major, whether is be a migraine headache that they can't rid themselves of or long term financial problems, or life long health problems. God will not put on us more than we can bare but with the temptation or trial make a way of escape. Christ is that escape route.

#52 salzer mtn, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  13. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonderful words. Hallelujah..

14. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen.......:thumbs:

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

NO! Absolutely not!

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Still covering you in prayer AD. Keep checking in. :praying:

17. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have no reason scripturally to believe suicide is unforgivable. It's tough. Its a mental health issue, but not unforgiveable.

I have a friend who committed suicide who I truly believe new the Lord. But I also know my friend had mental health issues.

But in some way, we all have mental health issues.

18. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

I just wanted to post a quick note. I have been reading scripture about God going through storms with us but does that cover when WE cause the storm? I have a lot of questions regarding Gods forgiveness and restoration. I want to be forgiven but feel like I am seeking forgiveness because of what has happened. I find myself asking if I would be seeking Gods forgiveness if this had not happened. I was still guilty of everything but if this had not happened I would not be seeking forgiveness. That face makes me doubt why I am seeking God. I want to be right with God but will He have me even if this is the reason why I am coming? Well, thank-you again and please keep praying.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for you brother.

20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying you find the answer to your quest! And as a person who has been there and done that ... I do know you will in fact find the answers to your questions and the kind of peace that only God can and will give to His children!