1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is suicide unforgivable

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ashleysdad, May 31, 2015.

1. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Sir, God is the first cause of our salvation. That does not mean he cannot use second causes to bring us unto himself. Remember the Centurion in Matt 27 that was at the cross when Christ was crucified, he said when he saw the earthquake, Truly this was the Son of God. God has many way's to get our attention. So the way's do not matter. The important thing is, He has our attention.

#61 salzer mtn, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think sometimes God uses the natural results of our choices to bring us back to Him. Would you have known that you were doing wrong without these consequences? Probably not. No amount of talking to you probably would have made a difference. But the end result is what matters: You see that you have sinned, you see that you need to change and you are ready for that. "Be merciful to me, a sinner!" is our cry to God. Remember the prodigal son? Do you think his father was thinking "Yeah, you made your bed, had your fun, suffered and NOW you come home to me?" Not at all. He welcomed his son home with open arms. God is doing that to you now. Accept his gift of grace and mercy.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know one of the things that I like about the Bible and am coming to appreciate about it more and more as years go by? It doesn’t cover up or hush up Godly people’s grievous errors. It reveals the good, the bad, and the very, very ugly of even the best of people.

Ann is right, the only way that Christians many times learn is WHEN we have to face the consequences of our actions. Think about King David. He was oblivious to his sin (or at least in denial about it) until Nathan called him on it. And then he was so remorseful that he wrote and entire Psalm about it. (Psalm 51).

David made horrible and devastating mistakes as a husband and father. He was lousy at it. You seem to believe that you have too. Here’s something that I’ve said about King David and God calling him “a man after God’s own heart” even though King David was the king of making mistakes.