1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the 9/11 attack found in the Bible?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

So now you're calling our soldiers murderers?

This is just about the worst thing I've ever seen on the BB. What a slap in the face to our men/women in uniform. That's disgraceful.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is a lie to state that the war in Iraq was “so America could stand tall as the supreme ruler of the world.” You are pathetically naive and have been brainwashed by the leftist in this country to equate the murder of totally innocent unborn children with those killed in war and to refer to murdered children as a drop in the bucket is despicable. Innocent people die in war just like those on 9/11. Innocent people die in all wars but when a country declares war on its unborn children at the behest of the liberal left mindset it is beyond belief. One might expect that of a pagan country but for a so-called Christian society to justify this act on the altar of convenience is blasphemy. So that makes you a pathetic liar when you state America wants to be supreme ruler of the world and a blasphemer when you justify the murder of the unborn as is every other professing Christians who justifies the murder of the unborn.

3. OldRegular

JC is just following the lead of people like Turbin Durbin who called our troops jack-booted thugs and swift boat Kerry who stated they were killing women and children at night. And this person calls himself an independent political thinker.:tear: :tear: :tear: :tear:

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

It's not the troops. It's their Commander-in-Chief. he choose to embark on an unjust war using a national tragedy (Sept. 11) an justification which it wasn't. That's the irresponsible and terrible act not pointing it out.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

You might want to be more precise then...because your post, even if unintended, compared soldiers to abortion doctors.

6. OldRegular

Well JC voted to keep abortuaries in business!

7. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think, we all need to be much in prayer.
    As well as thought! Over this very heated issue!

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I voted against a party, the Republican party, which has completely fooled evangelical Christians into believing they were serious about changing abortion law in the U.S. In 20 years of Republican administrations they have made illegal about 0.2% of the abortions in the U.S. In addition, they started a 5 year and counting war in Iraq was has resulted in tens and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilian deaths. The positive impact of the abortion law change is exceeded by the negative impact of an unjust war. They are the true party of death.

Inexplicably, this administration pulled large numbers of troops out of Afghanistan where the terrorists were to go to Iraq where they were not. Now victory in Afghanistan is in doubt and the President has even stated that we're not that interested in capturing bin Laden any more.

Finally, the close association with the Republican Party has seriously weakened the church's outreach to reach the unsaved. When the church clearly signals that only Republicans need apply that excludes 50% of Americans. It is a terrible mistake for the church to ally itself with a political party.

This is why I voted against the party of lies and death.

9. OldRegular

Either provide proof of the above statement or admit you are lying. The Daily Kos or Huffington Post are not reliable sources.

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

People around here sure throw around accusations of lying without much evidence. People can be honestly mistaken...or so can you. What is wrong with demonstrating a little grace per BB rules and the commandment of Christ that we are known to be his by our love one for another? Maybe you should change your handle to Old Grumpy. :laugh:

You weren't asking me, but here is a recent article estimating violent Iraqi civilian deaths at $150k+. Estimates are all over the board, but even the Pentagon admits it is over 100k. From the article:

#70 Magnetic Poles, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
  11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Strange that you should have such experience to know such "facts". Some of my relatives have been working with refugees in Greece and mention at how many people were escaping Iraq and the horror stories they came with. However today since the war very few come to the place in Greece.

You can't really be serious? Obviously what you state is in direct contrast to what Jesus said, to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few." Either the harvest in plentiful or that verse is a lie and Jesus a liar.

Are you sure that you did not succumb to the father of lies and death by your believeing that a party of government will solve the world's problem of a Christless eternity. I would say that not one thing will be advanced in evangelism because of the democratic or republican party.

There was a time when quite a number or republicans today were democrats and whose parents were democrats. Many farmers were once democrats. Why the change?

12. OldRegular

I am just following JC's lead. He always asks for a source.

How many were killed by sectarian violence? How many was Saddam killing each year before he was deposed? Then we can put those killed by Americans in proper perspective.

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No, I did not. You, however, once again played the fool by voting for a party that lies when it claims it would stop legal abortion. They never have and they never will. Why should they? As long as they keep the abortion issue alive they will fool evangelical Christians into voting for them.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Hey, I've been an engineer for 34 years. I'm a numbers guy. I call saving 0.2% while murdering 99.8% is not a big impact. You seem to think so. You're wrong.

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Give it up. If you don't start posting decent points I'm just going to ignore you. I'm tired of you trashing me. Clean up your act.

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So you're claiming no civilians have been killed in Iraq? Get real.

17. OldRegular

Matthew 5:22. But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Now Magnetic Poles condemns JC. Don't recall Him saying anything about questioning ones veracity. Are you going to chasten JC or are you one of those who vote for murders of unborn children?

#77 OldRegular, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
  18. OldRegular

So who is unreal?

19. OldRegular

As long as you post lies about American soldiers killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians I will challenge you.

As long as you attempt to justify professing Christians supporting the murder of unborn children I will rebuke you and any others who do the same. I believe as TinyTim said: "It is a stench in the nostrils of God!"

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What are your "facts" about the number of civilians killed in Iraq? You mention a vague story about refugees to0 Greece. Seems pretty far-fetched to me.

As far as what I said about the identification of the church with the Republican party harming the church it in no way conflicts with Jesus' statement that the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. That's twisted logic (not true). The association with the Republican party has significantly reduced the effectiveness of the workers. This is the same as reducing the number of workers and is right in line with scripture.

The change from Democrat to Republican in the South has happened primarily because of the reason I stated. Evangelical Christians have been lied to by the Republican party which promised to end legal abortion in this country. In 20 years they haven't done this but conservative Christians still are fooled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.