1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the American Family Association (AFA) worthy?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Sep 18, 2007.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use to be a member of Clean Movies until they went out of business due to pressures of many saying what they were doing was illegal.

The basically took all of the cussing, sexual stuff, and the real gruesome violence out of the movie making it watchable. I have about 6 movies I purchased from them that were either PG-13 or even R but now they are equal to PG.

I think most of these companies went out of business because of the above.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's funny to see people make excuses about why they watch what they watch on TV.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As an aside, I often refer to the radio wing of AFA as "American Republican Radio."

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No doubt they would have lost. Basically, by editing a copyrighted work they were making money off of someone else's labor. Copyrights include derivative works.

Plus, artistically they were doing the equivalent of painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

Nice idea, bad business.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I received four trial cards in the mail today for a FREE month of NetFlix.

If anyone wants one, PM me and I will give you the Priority Number you need to use it.

I am a member of NetFlix so I don't need them. They are to give to family/friends. I have both on the BB...

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Clean Films purchased the license to rent out these works, and the license agreement said nothing of leaving the work unedited (though we can be sure that the DG has remedied that).

More accurately, it was the equivalent of hanging an apron over the mid-section of Michaelangelo's David. But that's the difference between you and me. You can't discern the difference between decency and profanity.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No, I know profanity, and the David statue is not profanity. The human form is not profane. Apparently it is you who cannot discern. Nor do you respect the right of the artist to not have their work violated by do-gooders. Reminds me of Ashcroft hiding the breast of a statue at DoJ, yet the only boob on the screen was Ashcroft himself.

9. JerryL

JerryL New Member

If you find that AFA doesn't fit your bill, try Compassion. www.compassion.com They get 80% of the monies to the children and have projects in the kids' area that they live in to go to and learn about Jesus. I have dealt with them for several years now and they are very upstanding. They report every dime spent for the sponsers to see. I'm not takinig away from AFA, I think they are good at what they do, I just prefer to see my money go to the needy where I can see it working and the kids writing you personal letters and you can hear the good being done.