1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Atkins diet scientific?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Oct 11, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

The Atkins fans come up with this stuff that humans used to live from meat and berries for hundred thousands of years and this means that they are more adapted to it and only recently in the past few thousand years humans switched to agriculture and this enables them to eat huge amounts of carbohydrates. But since they are not "adapted" to it all the carbohydrates aren't good for them. The eskimos for example which only eat fish are often used as an example that humans don't need many carbs. What do you think about this? Since evolution isn't true and since mankind hasn't been around for hundred thousands or millions or maybe even billions [:laugh:] of years their claims also shouldn't be true.:confused:
    I react pretty sensitive to a carbohydrate deprivation. Sometimes it happens that I feel like fainting if I haven't eaten carbs for more than a few hours. The brain also needs carbs.
    And didn't a lot of people in the USA sue Atkins because his diet ruined their health?

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

dont know about a lawsuit, but I know Atkins works. Its a way of life for me. And eating the way I eat is waaaay better than the way I used to eat. Of course, there is the occasional slip up, and I do get a carb or two, lol.

Its a way of exercising self control for me.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Have you ever had your blood sugar level checked? What you write does not sound normal.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

5. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

I'd undergo a 5-hour check for hypoglycemia, xd. That would be a top priority for me if I had those symptoms.

And I don't think the Atkins diet is "scientific." Does it work? For some, yes. But I've heard medical doctors say "sure, it works ~~ but guess what is happening to your arteries!" Clogged arteries are no fun!

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I think my blood sugar is okay. I had it checked in the past. I guess I simply need carbs and don't tolerate carb deprivation very well.

Actually I only asked myself if this claim that humans aren't adapted very well to eating a lot of carbs since they have been eating meat and berries most of the time is scientific or not. According to evolutionists it would most likely be scientific but they also think that the earth is billions of years old and that primitive humans lived in caves and used to hunt animals and collect berries.