1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the AV1611 written at a 4th grade Level?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The fact is, it [the KJV] is perfect to the letter.

Except for the errors.

2. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

i trust and use the kjv exclusively.

but it's not written on a fourth grade level, it's just not [​IMG]

sorry [​IMG]

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Okay, enough veering off. 24 hour notice is in play. Let's wrap it up.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I e-mailed IBS and they referred me to Zondervan as the source of the grade levels on the different Bibles. I've e-mailed Zondervan three times and have gotten these two answers:
    I ran a Yahoo search and couldn't find a site for Swinburne. I would like to know Swinburne's methodology, but I would lean toward agreeing that Flesch-Kincaid is not sufficient for Bible comparisons. I haven't yet received responses to e-mails sent to school personnel, and this thread will probably be closed before I hear from them. It is T.A.K.S. week here in our schools, and it is a nightmare. I think it's not really for the school testing the students, but rather for the state to test the schools!

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

6. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I never said that if the KJV was written today, it would be at a 4th grade reading level, I said that when it was written it was written at a 4th grade reading level. This is very different.

All those inter-net tests for determining readablitiy can only apply to what is considered that reading level by today's standards. And since that isn't anything like what I said to spark this topic, it has no practical application to discount it.

I think if anyone paid attention to the subtle difference from what I actually said and what they thought I said...it wouldn't have amounted to a 6 page discussion in the first place.

Now, if someone can find a test for reading level that took place in the era of which the KJV was written.....