1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the Bible a confusing book?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Guido, Jan 17, 2022.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    May God bless your efforts and Holy Spirit guide you into truth.

peace to you

2. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you.

It is not that I have no knowledge at all of the things of the Word of God, but the things I know often don't come to mind, because of the sickness upon my mind, that is, my schizophrenia, whereby I often can hardly focus or think, not being able to call to remembrance every lesson I know, but expounding the gospel of Christ on certain occasions.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Medication often does that, but follow the doctor’s advice. May God give you clarity of mind in your study and worship,

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you.

5. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With understanding of that very thing, I never declared the confusion God's fault, as according to a troll making use of the word "if". Rather, I set down a word imprecise, the intended, fuller meaning this: Seeing the Bible is the Word of God, why is it hard for the saints' understanding, for the lost often declare the Lord to be a poor communicator, though I myself, a believer in Christ, have knowledge that He is not.

#45 Guido, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    " Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." ( Matthew 7:21-23 ).

" And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
    10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
    11 And he said unto them
    , Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all [these] things are done in parables: " ( Mark 4:9-11 ).

" For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
    7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."
    ( Romans 8:5-9 ).

Matthew 7:15-20
    2 Peter 2.

Reality, my friend, is that not everyone who names the name of the Lord is His, nor do they have the Spirit of God ( who teaches and leads them into all truth ) within them.

7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

The Lsb looks it a very good new edition!

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Would get a really good study bible, and avail yourself of the MANY online resources available to us todays in regards to bible dictionary, lexicons, commentaries etc!

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. Unfortunately I can't buy any items from Amazon right now, but sometimes I try to read the NKJV online and in the Bible app I have on my phone. However, I still think the KJV is the most accurate translation. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Do you have any issue with the KJV, or do you think it's acceptable to read it? I really don't want to start another debate about this issue.

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally prefer the KJV over the NKJV. Different translations have their own advantages. The KJV uses the old English thee, thy, thou and thine for the singlar pronouns. Ye, you and your solely as the plural pronouns. The NKJV has in the New Testmant Greek foot notes as M, NU, explaining the variants without having to use a Greek New Testament. M majority Greek text. NU for Nestle Aland and U for United Bibe Society Greek New Testaments readings from the Greek text. The NIV as you personally know is generally easyer reading. And it also has good textual foot notes.

12. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that the Bible is the Word of God, and that it's not a confusing book, but that the things therein signified are to the unspiritual impossible to be understood, because the Spirit of God is not in them. I also think that in my case, God has only revealed to me what He wants me to know, requiring me to study the things that already I am able to understand, or that in my case, I cannot understand structures syntactically complex, in which many Biblical passages are written, knowing that -- not to boast of my own ability, which is less than that of many -- although I'm able to write long sentence with clarity, yet I'm unable to write sophisticated ones, due to my lack of a sophisticated mind, my own mind even unable to concentrate on the things people say when conversing with me, although they are speaking with simplicity and plainness.

I obtained the ability to write this way through study of grammar and practice, and through recent practice in writing with utmost clarity and brevity, which was not concerned with rhythm at all, although I believe that God has enabled me to write as well as I'm able to, because, of any ability of mine, I ought never to boast, even as the Bible says, although it seems that through overmuch speech of it, I gloat. Forgive me. And, if I boast of a false gift now, forgive me also for this.

It is also possible that my medication, finally effective, has given me clarity of mind whereby I am able to do this better.

Also, I've been doing a little exercise almost every day.

#52 Guido, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  13. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But are you free grace or Lordship, and what is more likely to be exegeted (not sure if I spelled the right) from the NKJV?

14. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, my main concern is not Bible translation, but theology, that is, whether the right doctrine is free grace or Lordship, Calvinism or a different thing.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NKJV generally agrees with the KJV. My personal view point would be a free grace view, which I also call easy believism. Matthew 11:30, Romans 4:5, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:16. Our act of belief does not cause our salvation, rather God solely does the saving also does the keeping John 10:27-29. 1 John 5:9-13. Jeremiah 31:34.

#55 37818, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I agree with that.

17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From post #1

Answer from post #8 - Speculation is the mother of false doctrine.

Why would people speculate and add to scripture? Pride

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 5:4-5 with Revelation 3:5, 1 John 5:9-13.
    It is not the lordship based on Matthew 7:21-23.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for sharing those verse with me. I was able to understand them. I guess those are verse that God desires all to understand.

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation is a gift, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 6:23. We cannot deserve it. God bought it for us, Romans 5:8, Isaiah 53:6.

• Agree Agree x 1