1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the Bible "Just another book?"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I glory in the fact that Christ is my righteousness, my righteousness is as filthy rags, Is. 64:6. Paul rebuked the Jews in Rom 10:3-4 for being ignorant of Gods righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, and not submitting themselves to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth. There is no more laws, commandments, works to strive for, for the Christian, Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross. Our walk before Him now is not of fear or commandments but out of love to Him and faith. Christ by his death has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: For it is written, Cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree, Gal 3:13. Christ wrought out a righteousness, not for himself but for the believer in His obedience of keeping the law here on earth and his perfect sacrifice which is Himself. I rest in this righteousness of Christ, the law monger has no rest because the law which he is trying to keep only stirs up sin, Rom 7:8

#21 salzer mtn, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  2. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Preacher4.....you sure don't give me an inch :thumbs:

To clarify....it's hard to control how the reciever of the rebuke views it. If it's viewed as casting a stone...what can you do? But we can control our own behavior when giving the rebuke. That's what I'm talking about. If you know you showed honor and respect to the receiver then your conscious is clear

Love is a broad term IMO. It means a lot of things. Sometimes love requires Tuff ness and rebuttal. I understand that. When I speak of showing love, to me it means treating people with respect and kindness even if you have to rebuke them or whatever it may be.

3. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

So your saying Christ is your richousness so you have no need to practice any works to show it? Sorry but I'm confused as to what message your trying to get across

If I am correct in your message, I suggest James 2:14
    14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[a]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

#23 JohnnyReb, Oct 8, 2013
  4. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Yes you are confused. Read what I said again. Our walk is not of fear, or commandments but out of LOVE to Him and faith. If love don't motivate you to good works then it is of duty or fear. True faith produces good works, faith without works is dead. If you are a true child of God it is your nature to please him, not motivated by law or fear or duty, but pure love, Gal 5:6 For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision availet any thing, nor un-circumcision, but faith which worketh by love.

#24 salzer mtn, Oct 8, 2013
  5. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Apologies for the confusion :thumbsup:

And AMEN!

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Just so you KNOW I've noticed your ERASURE of TRUTH from my moniker TWICE now and I am CERTAIN it is intentional on your part and that it reflects your TRUE heart toward the truth I've shared, and toward ME as a person and shows that YOU are IN FACT casting stones.

I've also noted your claim that you keep the greatest commandments (to the best of YOUR ability). This is looking like an thread in support of YOU and what YOU do. Yet I see a failure on your part to practice what you've preached, especially in your last sentence above and all that you've claimed to practice throughout this thread.

I've given you solid Biblical evidence against yours and others beliefs of their concept of 'love', 'casting stones' &C. Up until this point you've addressed NOTHING I've offered Scripturally, all you've offered is YOU and what YOU allegedly practice yet you've not once addressed Scriptural evidence and revelation. That in itself is interesting to say the least.

Many in churches today do this. They argue THEIR position and almost NEVER use Scripture, nor do they care to engage the Scripture offered.

That said, I am not in the least slighted or affected by your intentions, just taking note and making you aware that YES I see it. Congrats Johnny.

If it is your desire to continue that, go for it and God bless you.

#26 preacher4truth, Oct 8, 2013
  7. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Holy cow You must have mis interpreted something wrong here? Casting stones at you? Is it possible that the " you" used in my sentences have been perceived as speaking about you personally? They are not.

I dunno I guess I missed something here. I don't understand the lashing out. The only person I can speak for here is myself....so I can only share my own mind. That's why we have these posts is to share right?

If you see some sort of malicious intent from me.....I'm unaware of it. And actually I was trying in the last post to show I agreed with you about the love and castings of stones. And practicing things to the best of MY ability.....to whom else's can I practice? I can only speak for myself sir. Isn't that all we can do is practice things the best we can?

Something went wrong here and it must be the result of not having the luxury of face to face talk and reading texts on a computer. I've re read these posts and see no attack on you at all but a equal exchange of thoughts. I have never lashed out at you for speaking your mind so I'm left confused. Either way I am sorry and there is no malicious intent on my part

The sad thing is I have expressed admiration for you. I have never attacked you or called you wrong

#27 JohnnyReb, Oct 8, 2013
  8. preacher4truth

OK. Show where you've done this.

Good luck.

Via Christ perhaps and via SCRIPURE minus YOU?

Maybe?

Sure. There are some churches that teach us to be the best WE can be. :thumbsup:

I'm not buying that excuse and neither are you. We're both smarter than to buy into that lame excuse. Hopefully.

Yes, the leaving out of truth on my moniker must have been unintentional, TWICE. How convenient!!!! 'Preacher4...' :laugh:

I've just responded to make certain to you that yes, I've noticed your intent.

That and I've noted the failure on your part to address the Scripture provided to you. You've up until this point only shared JohnnyReb, and how great your practicing of the commandments are and NOT Scripture. Not even ONCE.

:wavey::tongue3:

#28 preacher4truth, Oct 8, 2013
  9. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Right here.......To clarify....it's hard to control how the reciever of the rebuke views it. If it's viewed as casting a stone...what can you do? But we can control our own behavior when giving the rebuke. That's what I'm talking about. If you know you showed honor and respect to the receiver then your conscious is clear

Just what do you perceive this as meaning? You stated that in the minds of people who are being rebuked they often see it as you casting stones at them. I agreed! I was saying if you must rebuke someone you cannot help how they perceive it. You are not responcible for their thought process. But if you rebuke them for good reason and out of love then your conscious can be clear no matter how they take it

Anyway I won't argue any further. It is clear you have become angered and see some sort of intent that I'm in complete confusion about. You laid scripture out to support your statements.....I didn't know I was supposed to argue with you about the scriptures when I am in agreement. I agreed plainly that rebuking someone was not nessisarily casting stones

1 Peter 4:8
    8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

#29 JohnnyReb, Oct 8, 2013
  10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More stupidity from mindless Mike.

RD had said :"Would love your input,as believers.Is the Bible 'Just another book?'"

It is a patently silly question to ask us begin with. It's like asking :"Are born again believers Christians?"

Presumably everyone who signs up on the BB is a Christian.This unit of the forum is in a debate context. What could be sillier than to ask believers if they believed the Bible is the Word of God? Calvinists and non-Cals here would all reply of course it is. There would be no room for debate on that issue.

I see though, that you found no use in quoting anything from post 4 --not enough ammo for ya',huh?

11. preacher4truth

Yes. Some see 'love' as an excuse for their sin, and some use it as an excuse for 'shacking up'. :wavey:

That we see clearly. :thumbsup:

That and you've shown that you won't address the Scriptures presented to you but wish to instead make a pretense about them. What a shame.

#31 preacher4truth, Oct 8, 2013
  12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow....

....what part of love thy neighbor did you not understand, comprehend, or apply to how you treat others? I guess when we read comments from you towards others that "bore you" your name is more like "rip on" everyone who annoys you! I think you owe mike an apology, but neither Mike nor myself should hold our breath waiting for that!

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thank you. This person has not made one serious post in his BB career. It is like he or she, whatever, has a chip super glued to their shoulder. Anyway, the point is, this is one of the best threads I have seen on this board. This gets to the essence of the matter, to paint a picture of the Bible compared to books that are written by man. Of course, what does on expect, the Bible was written (Inspired) by a Holy God, and books are written by sinful man.

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks...

....I appreciate your encouragement, too! Some do not think this is a good topic, in fact; they see no point to it! However, I wanted to point out to all of those that today's progressive religionists have a strange and growing stranger by the day, view of the Bible. The difference between this person and most of us is that while we hold to a Biblical world view of God and the Word, they, on the other side, hold to a world biblical view, which in most cases means religion without Jehovah God at the center of all things!

For me, this is as sad as this great nation going to hades in a hand basket! God bless you Mike!

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not think it is seen as pointless but the question itself seems to be. Everyone on this board is going to say no it is not just another book. So it seems pointless to ask people on this board that question.

Perhaps if it was worded differently.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are either blind as a bat or pretend to be. Take a good look at his posting history --with visual aids if necessary.

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are an habitual liar with no restraint whatsoever.

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to see that those who would quote to you and me to love thy neighbor practice it themselves!

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Names DO hurt. Advise those who stoop to such to walk away and get a little perspective and cool down. Let the love of God dwell in your keyboards richly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.