1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is The Church of Christ Same as Kingdom Of Christ In Bible?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is the Church same meaning in NT as the Kingdom, or are they referring to seperate things?

2. beameup

beameup Member

The Kingdom of Heaven in the Gospels specifically refers to the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ on earth from Jerusalem and eventually the NHNE.
    (the Gospel of the Kingdom)

The Church, The Bride of Christ, is heaven bound at the harpazo, when we meet the Lord "in the clouds".

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe the local Church is a visible representation of the Kingdom of Christ or the Kingdom of God. Some people insist that a Kingdom requires land but I am not suer. Jesus Christ told us:

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

There is some food for thought!

4. OldRegular

A comparison of parables shows that the Kingdom of Heaven and Kingdom of God are the same!

The spirits/souls of those in the Church who die prior to the return of Jesus Christ in power and glory will be with Him in Heaven. When He returns He will bring these Saints with Him to be joined with their resurrected bodies. Those in the Church alive at that time will be changed {1 Corinthians 15:51ff}. Following the Great White Throne Judgment the Church, the Bride of Jesus Christ which includes all the redeemed of all time, will dwell in the New Heavens and New Earth with the Triune God eternally.

5. beameup

beameup Member

Seems it would be a bit difficult to put all that land inside a person.
    As Spock says, "it doesn't compute".

The Kingdom of Heaven definitely has a temporal component.

6. OldRegular

The arrogance of hyper-dispensationalism: Implying Jesus Christ is a liar. Now if it were the Apostle Paul?

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I used to be a dispy, but no longer. I read all of the Hal Lindsey books. I even got through most of the Left Behind series. Entertaining but not solidly Biblical. Hal Lindsey made an attempt to tie Daniel, Ezekiel, other minor prophets, Revelation, and some of Paul's letters into a solid timeline, but it makes a lot of assumptions. The "in the twinkling of an eye" verse could describe the Second Coming as easily as a Rapture. I have read many arguments for the "come up hither" verse in Revelation 4:1, claiming that is the Rapture, because the churches are never mentioned again in Revelation. Again, IMO, another opinion that reaches far into the imagination.

Not to change the subject of the local, visible church vs the Kingdom, but the modern day Church of Christ uses Romans 16:16 "the Churches of Christ salute you" as somehow having a connection to their strange denomination and doctrine. They require baptism for salvation, and other weird ideas, and are closer to the SDA and RCC than us.

8. OldRegular

If a dispensationalist wants to write a serious book on eschatology I will respect that even though I will not agree. However, a number of dispensationalists made a lot of money writing popular stories about the rapture and the grrreaat tribulation Some still are. Frankly I find that disgusting. Especially bad are the Left Behind books for children!

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There have been some very serious and good Dispy books on eschatology, just NOT hal Lindsay, nor Left Behind!

10. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The church is going to be part of the kingdom.

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Correct.

Not so correct.