1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured is the Gospel Also the Dog/Atonement views?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Jun 18, 2014.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is true in the Calvinist sense of the term limited Atonement.

in Christ,

Bob

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

What do you believe?

You believe Jesus died for some men. Which men are those?

How do you know you are one of the fortunate men Jesus died for? Is your name on a list somewhere?

You do not believe what I believe, I believe Jesus died for ALL MEN, therefore I know Jesus died for ME. I can depend on Jesus's death and resurrection to save me because I know he died for ME.

You do not know that. Just because you go to church, or read the Bible, or post here on BB does not prove you are one of those lucky few whom Christ died for if Limited Atonement is true.

You are the one denying the logical conclusion of your own doctrine. If Limited Atonement is true, you cannot possibly know you are elect. The best you can do is try to act like a Christian until the end and hope you make it.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is the beauty of the Arminian POV as compared to 4 and 5 point Calvinism.