1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Holy Spirit taking a vacation in Las Vegas?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Is the Holy Spirit taking a vacation in Las Vegas?

Have you seen Him around lately?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Daily. Actually, moment by moment.

3. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

no but I did see this one movie where a guy sold his soul to the devil to become a huge rock star and gain all kinds of fame and fortune. Anyways, to make a long story short the guy repented of his choice and begged God to help him. He found God in Las Vegas. God looked like an eighty year old man, and looked like identical twins with the devil, :/

4. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

This is the most odd thread, I believe, I have ever read on the BB.

Lacy

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree - the Holy Spirit on vacation? Does that even really merit a response?

6. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Reminds me of the Movie Bedazzled (Branden Frazier)

I think that the Holy Spirit lives wherever he's allowed to by man. He is one that has to have your persmission to work.

7. wopik

wopik New Member

GODzThunder

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light....(2 Cor. 11:14). Satan doesn't wear a red body suit with a pointy tail; that would be too obvious. Satan is more clever than that. He's the great deceiver, a counterfeiter of Christ's message.

Satan has his ministers and they go around preaching Christ, looking righteous and preaching a counterfeit Jesus and Gospel (2 Cor. 11: 4, 14-15), "whose end shall be according to their works".

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually some of the fastest growing churches in the SBC are just outside of Las Vegas. Sinners are getting saved. No pious religious nonsense just real ministry. But those coming to Las Vegas are coming from outside of the area. Just shows the sinners promoting that stuff are our neighbors too.

9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Las Vegas does indeed have some the fastest growing churches in the SBC denom, and others for that matter. Lots of industry and business is beginning to work from that region...now if they can only nail down a reliable source of water

oh and for the topic of this thread: I didn't realize an incoporeal, eternal, consubstantial member of the Trinitarian Godhead would think about taking a vacation...

10. wopik

wopik New Member

how right you are. Southern Nevada could run out of water by 2008. If the worst drought in 500 years continues out West, Lake Powell -- 2nd largest man-made lake in the US -- will stop generating electricity by 2007, when it will only be 15% full.

By that time, Lake Mead will be around 35% full. Even the LA water supply is going to be in big trouble by the end of the decade.

....100 of the West's top scientists in May concluded that the climate of the region had now "shifted from wet to dry" and predicted "multispecies die-offs".

Some are suggesting the development of the Pacific coast, one of the richest on Earth, may prove to have been a gigantic "miscalculation".

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=544402