1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the left interested in truth?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Pastor_Bob, Aug 10, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I rest my case.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

Just because one person is evil, like Ann Coulter is, doesn't mean that someone else isn't evil as well. A true Christian would never supposed someone as filled with hate as she is.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

OK, here is a post to get both sides mad. Politicians, both democrat and republican, whatever level of government, do not know the meaning of the word truth. The only Bible verse they could relate to is the famous Pilot quote, "What is truth?"

Threads like this amaze me in the fact of trying to defend one scum of the earth side against another, or vice versa.

The whole of the political structure. They are only interested in power, money, self gratification, and do not have a clue what is means to care for another human. Isn't their job to work for the best interests of the American people?

The premise of the op is right. The left is not interested in the truth. Neither is the right. It is beyond me how a Christian can defend such deep seated evil on either side.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Which events would that be?

By public media...do you mean the internet? Certainly you cannot mean the conglomerated corporate media owned and controlled by just a handful of the transnational elite?

Well, there's the whole run up to the invasion of Iraq. They parroted everything the neocons were saying not so much because it was true, much of it wasn't as we found out later, and they hype every so called threat there is...like the "liquid bombs" and all those other spectacular "terrorist busts" that turned out to be nothing more than the government itself infiltrating groups of idiots and trying to use them as provocateurs. You know, just like they did in Iran in 1953, and again during the 60's with cointelpro.

If either the left or the right were interested in the truth at all they would give us the whole truth, and all the facts and not play on our fears and emotions to further the agenda of "American global hegemony" and the warfare/welfare state and globalism.

Which just goes to show that either the lefties are spineless and haven't the courage to stand up for what they say they believe in or they are just as much involved in covering up the fact that our government is under the control of an oligarchy that owns them lock stock and barrel as well as the righties and the whole corporate media. I myself believe it's both but mostly the later.

#24 poncho, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  5. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

1. Not mad in the least. As far as politicians go, you are spot on. No argument there.

2. As far as saying neither "the right", nor "the left" is interested in the truth, I don't believe that is entirely true. First of all the terms are too vague. What you take as either side, may not be what I take them. There are people, not necessarily politicians or political parties, who are interested in the truth on both sides of the aisle.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is a vast resource of leaders in our nation that are honest and moral, ones who would care about the American people more than themselves. The idea is to get them into office somehow, especially the Presidency and Congress. There is no evidence of that to this point.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course she does.

I suspect that, mostly, you don't like the way she says it, so your fondest wish is that she's lying. :D

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

What lies has she told?

9. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Once again I agree. :thumbs:

And to clarify further. I think there are people on all ends of the politcal spectrum interested in the truth. The problem is there are too many bumbling idiots in the political arena who want to stuff everyone into two distinct parties.

#29 Filmproducer, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

What has she said that is the truth? Everything she says is at least distorted.

After the September 11 attack masterminded by a terrorist hoping to spark a religious war, virtually every official and pundit knew better than to take the bait. Except for conservative commentator Ann Coulter, who wrote in a syndicated column on September 12 that in responding to terrorists "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

"[Clinton] masturbates in the sinks."---Rivera Live 8/2/99

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient"---syndicated column 10/29/99

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores."---Salon.com 11/16/00

Juan Gonzales is "Cuba's answer to Joey Buttafuoco," a "miscreant," "sperm-donor," and a "poor man's Hugh Hefner."---Rivera Live 5/1/00

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."---MSNBC 9/12/97

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."---George, 7/99

"We're now at the point that it's beyond whether or not this guy is a horny hick. I really think it's a question of his mental stability. He really could be a lunatic. I think it is a rational question for Americans to ask whether their president is insane."---Equal Time

"It's enough [to be impeached] for the president to be a pervert."---The Case Against Bill Clinton, Coulter's 1998 book.

"If they have the one innocent person who has ever to be put to death this century out of over 7,000, you probably will get a good movie deal out of it."---MSNBC 7/27/97

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair."---CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

"I am emboldened by my looks to say things Republican men wouldn't."---TV Guide 8/97

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married."---Rivera Live 6/7/00

"Anorexics never have boyfriends. ... That's one way to know you don't have anorexia, if you have a boyfriend."---Politically Incorrect 7/21/97

"I think [Whitewater]'s going to prevent the First Lady from running for Senate."---Rivera Live 3/12/99

"My track record is pretty good on predictions."---Rivera Live 12/8/98

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."---Washington Post 8/1/00

On Rep. Christopher Shays (d-CT) in deciding whether to run against him as a Libertarian candidate: "I really want to hurt him. I want him to feel pain."---Hartford Courant 6/25/99

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97

#30 JustChristian, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The only power people like her, Rush, Michael Moore, all of the idiots on both sides is what we as the people listen to. There is a real simple solution to talk show people. It is called the off switch. Who cares what she or any other entertainer thinks? Figure it out for yourself.

12. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:applause: :applause: :applause: Yay! Well said saturnneptune. Though this would be a tough exercise of the mind for those who have been indoctrinated to talk radio to actually think for themselves.Our only hope is that these political talk pundits will devour themselves and given enough time I believe that they will.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right, Ann. We don't.

14. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

So you are willing to present her sarcasm as lies?

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So are you willing to take time to listen to her nonsense instead of doing something productive?