1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Masonic Lodge a "Cult"?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

bustr, go sing another song somewhere else, your cult teaching is not welcome here!

BTW, do your ears itch?(2 Timothy 4:3,4)

2. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Amen! Bustr, you've been witnessed to in a very Chirstlike manner by many of us, and you refuse the "instruction of the Lord," so if you will not turn from your wicked pursuits, then drop the Masonic debate. You only insult your own integrity by continually trying to justify this cult.

3. Karen

Karen Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bustr:

..."Another error typically made by anti-Masons is the assumption that Freemasonry is based on the writings of a single individual. They usually pick Albert Pike as the official 'spokesman' of Freemasonry."(2) If not Albert Pike, then their choice might be Albert Mackey(3) or Manley Palmer Hall(4) or some other author espousing his personal theories about Masonry....
    Most anti-Masonic writers are far too gullible in believing the extravagant claims of overzealous, misinformed, or devious Masonic writers who have not done Freemasonry a favor by making outlandish statements which provided much fodder for the guns of the anti-Masons.
    Too many masonic writers have arrogantly claimed that they speak for the whole Craft when they give their personal interpretation of the origin and symbols of Freemasonry....

Anti-Masons regularly parade the writings of "Masonic authorities" before their audiences and dissect their words, looking for a sentence here or a phrase there to be used in their cause....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bustr,
    Contrary to views expressed here earlier today, thank you for participating in this discussion. This IS a discussion board. Although I am opposed to Masonry, it is obvious that many Baptists including pastors belong without seeing a problem. You have helped clarify why they might think this way.
    I want to engage people in real discussion,
    not just pick and choose quotes possibly out of context.

In the early 1990's, an SBC study made a recommendation to the Convention that this issue continue to be regarded as a Christian liberty issue.
    At the very least, though, I personally have known a number of Masons that seem to have a divided loyalty. I wish that they would devote a fraction of their energies to church that they do to the Lodge.

Karen

4. bustr

bustr New Member

Psalm, JW

See the title of this thread? It asks the question...

I, a Freemason, have answered that question. The answer is NO! I believe the gentleman who started the thread did so with the intention of inviting discussion and debate.

5. bustr

bustr New Member

Thanks Karen

"I want to engage people in real discussion,
    not just pick and choose quotes possibly out of context."

Agreed. But, I've already been over this with these guys once and really didn't want to re-type my previous message. Besides the person who wrote the article I posted is more articulate than myself.

"I personally have known a number of Masons that seem to have a divided loyalty."

Divided between the Lodge and the Church. Masonry is forbidden from interferring with your relationship to God. If it does interfere it is the individuals fault not the organization's.

"I wish that they would devote a fraction of their energies to church that they do to the Lodge."

That is understandable when you consider that churches are infested with loud, opinionated, argumentative people like Wells and Psalm.

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: bustr ]

6. Timotheus

Timotheus New Member

Masons are sincere people who were innocently trapped in believing that they serve a noble cause, and they are somehow serving a higher order. As I said, they are sincere people and they do not realize that they are sincerely wrong. - My humble opinion. [​IMG]

7. John Wells

John Wells New Member

bustr said, "That is understandable when you consider that churches are infested with loud, opinionated, argumentative people like Wells and Psalm."

Considering the source, thank you! I take that as a compliment.

8. PreacherDave

PreacherDave New Member

bustr,
    You've been offered clear (and Biblical) reasons why Freemasonry is a cult. It's obvious you don't "have ears to hear."
    May God have mercy on you, and deliver you from your false gods, and bring you to repentance.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Bustr, I asked the question and invited debate. We have MANY Baptists who believe, as you, that there is nothing wrong with Freemasonry. I do not agree with your view, but this board is FULL of "baptists" that I cannot totally agree with. [​IMG]

Basic fundamentals of the faith? Hope ALL us Baptists can agree! [​IMG]

btw, is the baptist church of which you are a member, "comfortable" with the Lodge?

10. bustr

bustr New Member

Dr Griffin

I'm Southern Baptist. We have no policy on Freemasonry.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cult?
    I don't know.
    Satanic?
    I don't know.

But like I said in another post.

I was hungry and they fed me.

HankD

12. qwerty

qwerty New Member

What, in my opinion, is the biggest problem between Christianity and Freemasonry?

The Lord Jesus Christ!

COL 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. [16] For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. [17] He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Freemasonry is a religious organization. But in this religious organization, all gods are equal. All gods are welcome. The Lord Jesus Christ is brought down to the level of idols, and false gods.

So, for any Freemasons who are commenting here, I ask you: What position does the Lord Jesus Christ have in the lodge? Is He the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords? Does He have first place, over any other false diety?

13. bustr

bustr New Member

"So, for any Freemasons who are commenting here, I ask you: What position does the Lord Jesus Christ have in the lodge?"

The same position he has at any other type of meeting. For the Christian he is Lord.

14. qwerty

qwerty New Member

bustr,
    Your reply must have meant that you did not understand the question.

The lodge is a religious meeting. What position does the Lord Jesus Christ have in this religious meeting? Do all the participants in this religious meeting give honor to the Lord Jesus Christ?

The question is NOT if Christians at the lodge honor Jesus. The lodge is a religious meeting. Why would Christians mingle with others at a religious meeting where Jesus is not honored as the ONLY TRUE GOD?

15. david reed

david reed New Member

Hey Buster,
    Is it worth going to Hell over? Why do
    you defend something that is so overtly occultic in nature? You accuse these other fine people who have communicated with you here of quoting from and being influenced by
    anti-masonic literature, when the most damning evidence concerning the occultic
    influences in the lodge are from your very own books, ie Morals and Dogmas, Little Masonic Library, etc.

16. bustr

bustr New Member

David

Why do you pretend to know what freemasonry is all about? For the 1,000,000th time MORALS AND DOGMA IS NOT A MANIFESTO; THERE IS NO MANIFESTO OF FREEMASONRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morals and Dogma is the opinion of Albert Pike. It has nothing to do with Masonic beliefs. There are no masonic beliefs. Masons follow their own individual faiths. The vast majority in the United States are Christians.

17. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Posted August 20, 2001 10:57 AM on General discussion

“Quote
    Buster ---&gt; "If a mason writes something it is his opinion. He does not speak for masonry"

What am I missing? You have made a lot of authoritative and absolute statements about the lodge. Why should I listen to your opinion?
    I have heard and read the testimonies, or as you call them "opinions", of many X-Masons. I know their first and last name, in most cases, I could find their phone number and give them a call, I could visit there church, talk to there pastor, pat there kids on the head and I think they wouldn't mind it if I tagged along with them no matter what kind of meeting they attended.
    I have to admit that I didn’t read all your posts, so if I missed something please point is out, but if you could tell us a little more about yourself your church and maybe the email addresses of some of your Lodge "Brothers" you would have more creditability.”

____________________________________________________________________________________

I posted this on 8/20/01, in the August discussion on masonry.

I have a good idea. I don’t know where you live, but maybe you could pull some strings and get us an invite to tour the lodge room and maybe witness some ceremonies?

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doith truth cometh to the light, that his deeds maybe made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:20,21

18. bustr

bustr New Member

I'm not giving out private information and no you can't sit in on a meeting. Masonry is not a religion; We have no belief system for the lodge. We try to make that very clear to all initiates. Masons are free to practice any faith they wish. If they make the masonic lodge a religion then it is a personal mistake and not an indictment against the rest of us.

19. John Wells

John Wells New Member

bustr,

After all the evidence that has been shown you, what are you hoping to accomplish? I think this thread is about as united a stand on anything I've seen on this board. If you won't listen to sound reasoning then what, shall we start over?

bustr: "no you can't sit in on a meeting."

That's because of the secret oaths and such, correct? But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. (James 5:12 KJV)

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: John Wells ]

20. bustr

bustr New Member

You can't have my bank records either. Does that make them satanic?