1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is the Obama Administration: RACIST?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps this would be better stated that evangelical "political" conservatives don't expect it.

And it's this type of statement made by the majority and people who have always been in power that causes people to bring up racism and racial prejudice.

Did you have an issue with George Bush( I or II) or Reagan or Clinton or Carter or Ford or Nixon or any of the white Presidents before giving great political power to Whites?

Blacks have complained for decades that they were economically disadvantaged. So a lack of economic power only becomes a relevant issue when the majority starts to feel the sting too?

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly I have, several times. But once more ...

In other words it was Republicans playing on white racist Negrophobe to gain votes.

As we can see it was quite successful. The Democratic Solid-South became the Republican Solid-South.

Of interest in 2005 the GOP national chairman apologized to the NAACP for this polity.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still don't know exactly how Nixon did anything new since blacks left the GOP in 1932 along with Jews.

So I don't know why it is called the Southern Strategy as I have not lived in the South for a long time although I wish that I could move South or West.

Personally, I think that it is a waste of time for the GOP to campaign in Gary, Indiana, for example.

I like blacks and I wish that they would vote GOP but they are disdainful of the GOP and so are Jews, who openly dislike Fundamentalists and Evangelicals, although people such as Falwell repeatedly say that they love Jews and love Israel.

Although I know people who had ties into Nixon, I think that they have said things such as if you don't like Nixon, it is okay with me.

Personally, I think that Nixon was a big spender although he was very clever at foreign policy and he should have been allowed to send the military into Cambodia, but that is another subject.

Nixon is so overshadowed by both Ike and Reagan and others that I never think about him.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I don't. We are all required to do what we can. He is in a position to do more than I can. All I can do is treat all black people equally the same as any other race. I'll come into contact with what, hundreds? He will influence how many millions?

To who much is given, much shall be required. He's been given a lot more influence than me. I don't hold him to a higher standard. But God does. (Earthly speaking, of course. God's ultimate standard is His perfect Son, which we all fall short of.)

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What actually happened is that the democrat party moved so far to the left that the basically conservative folks of the south just could no longer stand the stench. So they began to vote for the closest thing to a conservative party around, the GOP.

The GOP is wasting it's time and money courting blacks. Too many of their votes have been bought and paid for. Funny thing is a lot of them don't have a clue why they vote democrat. They just do.

There are still white people that do the same thing...a lot of them. We call them yeller dog democrats in Texas, black and white alike.

#25 carpro, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Negrophobe? Negrophobe? I know it is a word according to Merriam and Websters; BUT still it was only a few weeks earlier that I was jumped on for using the term "Negro" (also an acceptable term/word in M&W) in a post, and here you are using a term composed of the word, negro?

Where is the indignation of the likes of Z@@c, R!990%, I?L, and all my other critics???? Or, is CTB allowed to use Negro in a term or sentence, and I am not?

The hypocricy on this board is simply amazing! :BangHead:

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

SMH. Help him somebody if he can't understand the difference between referring to Black people as Negroes in 2014 and referring to a person who fears or dislikes black people as a Negrophobe.

Why don't you just try treating people the way you want to be treated again and stop with all these "gotcha" moments?

The more you do what you continue to do, the more unhinged it looks.

Just stop already. PLEASE.

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a tragic shame ......

I can't hear a handful of cynical, sarcastic folks, but they have elected to continue to read my posts and respond, because they still can see what I write.

Someone told me ages ago to use the ignore feature, and I thought it would serve no purpose. However, I can now see the benefits of it because I am no longer subjected to subjective vernacular of those who live to judge and critize others! :flower: :flower: :flower:

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There's another side to the story:

A long read, but a good rebuttal to the left's Republicans are racist message.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May I add, that the last time I was racist [racing], was three years back. Since then I've sold my prized possession, a classic GT Mustang. So I am no longer a racist kind of guy and no one can ever call me that again! :smilewinkgrin:

In all sincerity, that is a good link, thanks Capro!

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Righteous Dude is correct--that is a good link. I never knew that Goldwater chose Miller as a running mate because Miller was the co-author of GOP civil rights legislation. It seems that blacks left the GOP even earlier than 1932 during the first years of the depression under Hoover.

I remember the astonishment that Texas elected John Tower as US Senator in 1960--the first Republican in the US Senate from the South since Reconstruction.

[​IMG]

John Tower

Also, I used to know that Ike had carried some southern states in 1952 and 1956.

So the Democrats still are the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and abortion.

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I simply assumed he had peeps for this sort of thing. I guess not.

Amen to that!

No kidding. Larger sized fonts, colored fonts, underlining, bold fonts, bang head smilies, etc.

Amen to that!

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you did not notice, but the word "negrophobia" was from a quote by a Republican adviser to Nixon. To be honest a person does not change the words in a quote.

Also, if there was no Southern Policy why did theRepublican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman, in 2005, formally apologized to the NAACP for ignoring the black vote and exploiting racial conflicts.

[emphasis mine]

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The GOP needs to stop addressing the NAACP. There are other groups that it is impossible for the GOP to win: gays and lesbians and Jews, for example.

When you have limited resources and you have been the minority party since 1932, you cannot squander your limited resources among hardcore Democrats.

I should think that the Democrats are tickled to death the GOP has been unable to convert blacks, who left the GOP starting in 1928 and who never returned.

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So an entire group of people should simply be ignored and their desires not even considered ... is that what you are saying?

Why did African Americans abandon the GOP? What changed that the no longer supported the GOP in very large numbers?

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NAACP was started by Republicans but Republicans are booed when they speak there. The organization is now Democrat. Yes, I am saying that the GOP candidate should not speak to a Democrat organization.

I don't know why blacks abandoned the GOP in 1928 or why they support the Democrats by 98%. If you want to say, Crabtown, that the GOP are all racist, as 0bam@ does, quit stalling. You make it sound as if you do not want blacks to vote Democrat, Crabtown. Why do gays support the Democrats by 99% and why do Jews support the Democrats by 99%. My answer is that some people just like the Democrat platform.

#36 church mouse guy, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

During the Reconstruction period, African Americans voted solidly Republican, while Southern whites voted Democrat, because the Democrats had overwhelmingly supported the Confederacy while the Republicans had been supporting the Union.

Hiram Revels and Jeannette Rankin, the first African American man and the first woman to be elected to Congress, were both Republicans. In fact, African Americans were not even allowed to attend Democratic conventions until 1924. African Americans and women continued their pattern of voting Republican for decades, all the way up until the 1930s, when President Franklin Roosevelt began to make inroads with the New Deal Coalition, despite the fact that nearly all segregationists in the South were Democrats.

In 1936, Roosevelt was able to get 71% of the black vote, a devastating blow to Republicans. The GOP was able to make some gains back during the 1950s under President Eisenhower, but the next decade would see the final nail in the coffin.

In 1964, Republican Senator and presidential candidate Barry Goldwater voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. This was the first piece of civil rights legislation in 12 years that he had voted against, and his doing so proved devastating to his chances to beat incumbent Lyndon Johnson. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that had been written by Republicans in Congress. Goldwater claimed that he voted against the bill because he believed parts of it to be unconstitutional. Still, the bill flew through the Senate, with the GOP providing a majority of the 60 votes needed.

Although LBJ had fought against and later castrated the 1957 Civil Rights Act as a senator during the Eisenhower administration, he will always be remembered for signing a somewhat weaker and more critically challenged act seven years later.

http://mic.com/articles/12137/how-t...erican-vote-and-their-civil-rights-reputation

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The democrats "southern strategy":

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe the GOP coined the phrase, negrophobia, but it was in your post that I first saw the term "Negrophobe!" I was going to correct you brother, but checked the term and found it in the dictionary. Nowhere did it say the term was offensive to the blacks!

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Seriously?[​IMG] First Negroes and now "the blacks".

One would almost think that you are doing this on purpose to garner attention.