1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the President's Resume Accurate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Mar 8, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2010/03/to-be-lawyer-or-not-to-be.html

Is the President's resume accurate when it comes to his career and qualifications? I can corroborate that Obama's "teaching career" at Chicago was, to put it kindly, a sham.

SNIP

...He was never a professor and was hardly an adjunct.
    The other professors hated him because he was lazy, unqualified, never attended any of the faculty meetings, and it was clear that the position was nothing more than a political stepping stool. According to my professor friend, he had the lowest intellectual capacity in the building. He also doubted whether he was legitimately an editor on the Harvard Law Review, because if he was, he would be the first and only editor of an Ivy League law review to never be published while in school (publication is or was a requirement).

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I don't think that is the interesting part of his statement. What struck me was that, "Obama applied for a position as an adjunct and wasn't even considered. A few weeks later the law school got a phone call from the Board of Trustees telling them to find him an office, put him on the payroll, and give him a class to teach". Sounds like a political appointment. I also find it interesting that an adjunct teaching only one class gets his/her own office. I know adjuncts who teach five or six classes who do not have their own office. If an adjunct, much less an adjunct teaching only one class, got an office at the college I teach at, we would have a faculty revolt. Then again, we are not "Chicago Law".

Let's not belittle adjuncts though. The fact is that most universities and colleges are very dependent upon adjuncts mainly in these days of rapidly rising enrollment and massive budget cuts. Most full-time faculty have been adjuncts at some point in their (our) careers. Let us not forget that.

==Obama was certainly qualified. Maybe he was not motivated to work hard (etc), but he was certainly qualified from an academic point of view.

==That is an opinion, not a fact.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I'm not disputting your post.

I am just curious about the 'proof' that he is qualified based upon his academics. Everything I've read or heard indicates...... he's not released his transcripts, and it seems we are left dependent on the words of his inner circle who has promoted him and supported him. Noone has verified that they remember him from sharing a dorm or attending a class with him.
    I would like to know his qualifications..... and see proof...... and find out if it is veriifiable.

I remember hearing his State of the Union speech as this writer reports here:
    And I wondered the same thing....... a professor of Constitutional Law? Hardly even a student......imo.

.......... maybe it was just a slip of the tongue....... by the teleprompter.....huh?

imnsho, the man is a hoax in both citizenship, creditials, and qualifications. And he's serving the purpose of keeping us focused on him and distracting us from the theft taking place in our Federal Reserve, the IRS, and Wall Street, the IMF and the consolidation of powers by the UN and the ngos already sneeking into regulating us on the local and national level.

#4 windcatcher, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
  5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Since he taught classes at the University of Chicago Law School for more than a few years, they would have received the transcript record of his JD from Harvard Law School. Accreditation requires that professor/instructor qualifications and transcripts be on file.

As for people who went to school with him, you can read an article HERE.

==As far as I am concerned you are free to believe whatever you wish. After all, there are Americans who believe their dead grandmother still lives in their attic, that they have been taken aboard alien spacecraft, that bigfoot roams the woods, and that George Bush was behind 9/11. Evidence rarely convinces people who have their minds made up.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh huh, but it fits.

He didn't have the grades to get in Harvard, but some well placed "interference" made it possible.

Seems like he was continually looking for a free ride and his influential mentors, some of them avowed communists, made sure he got it.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin sez:
    I told WC not to lick the red off your candy!!!:smilewinkgrin::D

I bet she'll listen next time.

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Jip, you're funny. :grin:

As for Martin.... the link disputes just how much the zero has of teaching, as well as his questionable proof of credentials.

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I don't see how you can say that his credentials (degrees) are "questionable". He could not have gotten a job teaching (adjunct or fulltime) at Chicago Law School, regardless of his connections, if he did not at least have a Masters degree (he holds a JD from Harvard). Accreditation would have hit Chicago hard for that. Believe me, I know, the accreditation people look at professor/instructor credentials.

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Oh..... you mean like 'accreditation' as in meeting certain standards?
    Yes...... I've participated in hospital accreditations..... from the clinical and medical records viewpoint, and I know there are pre-annoucements before visits: Visits are with an interview board examining the documentations, random pulling of records, credentials of personnel in licensed positions, interviews with staff, patients, departments, various types of reports. The credential agency is paid by the institution and considers the institution as its customer...... although the public personna is that of assurrance that a high standard of care according to measured criteria and comparison with other similar institutions is verifiable.

Schools, colleges, and universities are also 'clients' or customers of certifying agencies. Usually, the first several investigations or examinations by a credentialing agency are the most critical..... and may be tenative with recommendations for areas of improvement, or may be conditional with similar recommendations...... with intermediate review follow up resulting in a score. Later review may follow, depending upon the importance of 'certification'. In the case of a hospital.... third party payers and particularly medicare and medicaid criteria may be dependant as well as the pr of public confidence placed in high scores.

With learning institutions..... public grants and funds may also be at stake as well as the confidence of students that their academics meet a standard which will transfer with acceptance into other programs and be recognized as work towards their degrees. This does not mean, however, that there is no room for fudging.

After an institution has gained a consistant reputation with the certifying board..... there is the tendancy for the board to relax some in the intensity of the annual or semi annual investigation..... but remarks or complaints from either within or without may intensify focus in areas of complaints. (Need I remind here of the SEC's repeated reviews of Madoff before the discorvery.... or ENRON's reviews before their scandals became apparent.. There is probably not a reviewing agency which is removed from politics of money or other persuasions, or a way to elude them if one is familiar with their habits of investigation and determine a detour to hide a flaw.) Administration follows the experiences shared within the community of its peer groups (Institutions such as hospitals and universities have their own specialized 'industry' journals) as to changes in weight given to differing criteria, or new areas of focus not heretofore broached .......and as information is shared, within each is self examinations and discussions with changes to dress up or address those areas.

Often the examining officials are known by their strengths and areas of expertise as well as the grapevine sharing of pet-peeves which some give away during their circuit of review. Given the likelihood that the University is already credentialed and well reputed with few if any provoking complaints or any significant and major published changes, it is quite likely that a politically placed person given a temporary position as an adjunt who is not required to be officially recognized as a professor...... with or without a personal office.... and having no or few classes or student contact hours assigned to him.... could be hid 'under the wire' of scrutiny during a critical time of accreditation review. Once the person has exited...... even if a later review or complaint revealed that a previous flaw had existed.... the current one would show a correction and likely as not, it might be skipped or at most placed under comments.... with no punitive action taken.

Did this happen with Obama? ....... I don't know. The link in the OP shows that it is the author's position that Obama was not the 'professor' that he reports himself to be: He was given a position as adjunct for political reasons. Futhermore, if he ever was a professor of constitutional law.... which he reports himself to be...... how is it that he refers to something in the Declaration of Independence as coming from the Constitution......while delivering the State of the Union Address? Shouldn't he know the difference and wouldn't a professor expect that distinction in his own students? This is a true fact regarding his 'mis-speak' as I heard it my self and wondered about it at the time as very strange for a person well acquainted with the constitution.

As to his academics..... though it seems unlikely..... yet is it possible that a substitute took classes or sat for exams or that forged documents were created if there was a planned ascendency to his career by others? I do well remember taking my own practical and written exams for licensure in NC.... and the documents which I submitted had to include enough verifiable information along with a photograph and transcripts.... which would have made it difficult but not inconceivably impossible for an imposter to take my exams.

For me..... the search for the truth is still open: I guess for some.... they would label that a witch hunt. Perhaps time will tell.

#10 windcatcher, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All this "IF" about the "0"s qualifications reminds me of early 60's when, as a young 2nd Lt., I was assigned to inspection of Nat. Guard units at Ft Stewart in GA.

I went into the job planning to be as fair and accurate as I possibly could and have my final ratings reflect the actual standard of any given unit.

The first meeting with a Bird Col who headed up the inspection team, told us IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, that every unit inspected on this tour would have either "exceptional OR superior as a final rating"!

So much for accuracy and objectivity!!

Needless to say, I just enjoyed the two week stint and didn't really get too involved in actual rating since the outcome was already determined.

Lesson being that just because the "standards" are thus & so, doesn't mean that there cannot/will not be "exceptions" for certain privileged persons/groups!!!