1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is the Quest Study bible suitable for teens?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Yeshua1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I am thinking to buy one for my 14 yr old son now?

2. Batt4Christ

Batt4Christ Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it interesting that no-one has responded -

I have read through the "Quest" Study Bible (NIV, correct?). What I have observed - most of the notes/commentary are pretty good. I have a bigger issue with the use of the NIV - especially the latest version which has replaced the older version.

A 14 year old with average reading skills doesn't really need stuff spoon-fed to him (or her). There are plenty of good study Bibles out there. As for NIV study Bibles - you could do a lot worse than the Quest.

If you are NOT hung up on the NIV, then I might propose a couple of far better study Bibles:

The Nelson NKJV Study Bible - excellent and very scholarly commentary. Still among the best of contemporary Study Bibles (and I know some of the commentators - one was a professor of mine in Seminary!).

The HCSB Study Bible - the first contemporary Study Bible to really (in my view) compete with the NKJV Study Bible above.

But - if you are stuck on the NIV - then the Quest isn't bad...

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still have my New scofield and Ryrie from college days, its just the version he likes!