1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Rejection of Christ 'the' Damning Sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So how do you determine the revelation to your heart is from God?

#61 Revmitchell, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: How do you know that when you think you are saved in reality you are?

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Some truths are self-evident.
    It is a self-evident truth to some tribes in Africa that polygamy is the proper way of life, and not wrong.

It is a self-evident truth to other tribes in Africa that there is nothing wrong with cannibalism.

It is a self-evident truth in some parts of the Amazon that women have authority over the men--always.

Are these truths simply self-evident, deriving their impetus from the wisdom of God placed within your heart...long before your theological conclusions confounded your enlightenment???

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: The Bible says that Jesus died for all, not that anyone ‘in particular’ is saved, apart from the thief on the cross and a few others. My question was how do you know ‘you’ are saved, NOT how do you know Jesus loves everyone in the world.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: No, none of those things listed are, ………although the third one sounds like a utopia of every mans dreams to me.:smilewinkgrin:

No. they are not self evident truths from God. Your inability to comprehend the nature of self-evident universal truths of justice is showing. They are not universal truths known and recognized as truth by all men of reason.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Therefore they are self-evident truths according to HP, or the subjective comprehension of the God that HP envisions. Do you get visions too??

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Answer the question directly or I will be forced to accept you cannot support your statement.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Simply answer the question I asked you in your mind, and Walla! If you answer it according to truth you will have my answer.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you do in fact hold your heart and mind equal to or above scripture. Thanks:thumbsup:

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

The truth does seem to be difficult for some...... but for men of the cloth as well?

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It seems as he does.
    HP, Truth is not relative, according to your own heart and mind.
    Truth is absolute according to the Word of God.
    The Bible is our foundation. It is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice, and that of course includes the finality and assurance of our salvation.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Does the truth escape you as well DHK?

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
    Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
    Lu 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone know what this guy is talking about?

15. JSM17

JSM17 New Member

Steaver wrote:
    To which scripture are you refering to?

Does God curse babies with other mans sins? c.f. Eze.18

Is God the author of man's soul, does God create children of the Devil.

If a child is born sinful, depraved, apart from God then they are children of the Devil by default according to your logic.

So therefore you must conclude that God creates hell bound babies because they are cursed with their parents sins traced all the way back to Adam and Eve.

Is that what you believe, because that is what your implying that scripture teaches and that is just not scripturally true.

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: You have me thinking on that one. Hmmm.

17. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Each one of these verses is speaking of God's word, not some Buddist type of universal enlightenment. You are using God's word to support something that is not in God's word? Really HP.

You know the word of God says no such thing as the curse only being applied to an age of accountability. Thus your stripes could be many for this false teaching. You may want to reconsider what you teach.

Jam 3:1My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Ironically, John 9:41 could be applied to your doctrine of this age of accountability. You say you see but show you are blind because your views do not line up with God's word, just as the Jew's views that Jesus was speaking to did not line up with God's word yet they claimed they could see God's truths without anyone teaching them. This is not a matter of scripture interpretation such as debates on this board go. This is a matter of making up something that just isn't written in God's word and I don't believe that something pertaining to salvation would be left out.

If there was such a thing that God applied to His creation as a rule for salvation He would have certainly placed it in His written word for us to know. It would not come through some "enlightenment".

You are on the subject of salvation here HP. You want people to believe God did not make this clear in His word, that God expects us to just understand these details, well, just because. And anyone who does not is just simply rejecting God's Unwritten Word.

The strange thing is that this belief of yours goes against God's written word yet you don't see. Now where did we just read that, oh, it was your post of John 9:41. You say you see but are blind because you go beyond what has been written and go on to establish your own word of salvation.

This doctrine you hold is truly a doctrine of devils. I can say that with confidence and I don't say it lightly because this doctrine is not written and this doctrine goes against what has been written.

:jesus:

18. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rom 5:12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    Rom 6:23For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do babies die? It is because they are cursed from the original sin of Adam. Do not confuse Eze 18 (personal sins) with the original curse caused by Adam's sin and passed on to all through the blood or conception.

God creates all men. Children of wrath are those who reject God's grace.

Not according to logic, according to the scriptures. God must redeem ALL from death and damnation.

If that is what you want to call them, but yes, God must redeem ALL from the curse, including babies.

It is written. What else can I tell you. I believe what causes one to error in this topic is not being able to understand the difference between the curse of sin and being held personally accountable for transgressions of God's law. Both need grace and mercy.

We cannot help but sin from birth, this is the curse. Also, we can learn right and wrong and choose to do wrong, this is personal sins. Jesus' blood covers both.

:jesus:

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

Steaver if sin is a necessitated trait, morality is a chimera and punishments for sin worse than absurdly wicked.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Pure unsubstantiated opinion without any Scriptural foundation as usual.