1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Rejection of Christ 'the' Damning Sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 3, 2010.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is a curse on mankind due to Adam's sin. If you don't think that is fair or just, take it up with God. I tend to believe even in the curse it is a blessing for those who come to Christ. We get to shed this sinful flesh...it's like taking off clothing that has been sprayed by a skunk, you can't wait to remove it.

I'm not held accountable for Adam's sin, physically or spiritually. I'm held accountable for my sin.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is where things get ridiculous. Scripture states faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Until you can prove the Gospel if fed through the umbilical cord, it is quite humerus and sad to think a child in the womb can exhibit faith, particularly when the brain is not even formed. Takes HUGE leaps in logic not supported by Scripture to arrive at this, and while I understand it is needed to believe the baby will still not perish, the only conclusion to Augustinian original sin is all babies perish, or God saves them in some other way He has not revealed to us through Scripture. Neither are supported scripturally.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You said, "All are under condemnation to die physically!"

This is for Adam's sin, right?

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You said there is a "means" by which one exhibits faith. I asked you what it is. Please give scripture as I did.

:godisgood:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Due to Adam's sin, yes, it has been appointed unto man once to die. Christ died physically as well and He was no sinner.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did, hearing (understanding). This takes the mental faculties to do so.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then you misspoke when you said you were not held accountable for Adam's sin. Because Adam sinned you are condemned to physically die.

And Jesus was killed, He did not die from the curse of sin. Had He not been killed He would have lived in that flesh forever.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't understand, if I hear the gospel then I am exhibiting faith?

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not accountable for Adam's sin. A curse being place on mankind does not equate to all mankind being held accountable for his sin, that is a non sequitur.

Jesus died. Period. The means are irrelevant, and it is speculative at best to say He would have continued to live forever in His human state. He became as we are, and we die.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you hear the Gospel you then have the choice of exhibiting faith. No understanding, no faith.

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You can't say we are cursed to physically die because Adam sinned and then say we are not held accountable to die for Adam's sin. That IS siquitur!

:jesus:

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You still haven't said how one exhibits faith. You said they must hear, you said they must understand, now how do they exhibit faith?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have exhibited faith in Christ, how did you?

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I already told you that, but you seem to reject it. Spirit testifies with spirit (Ro 8). I even give scripture.

So how do you believe one exhibits faith?

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can, and I did :) That is not what accountability is.

If I plan on taking my kids to the amusement park, and due to one of them acting up I cancel the trip, my other kids have been "cursed" by the action of the one, yet they are not accountable for his actions

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That Scripture does not say that in context, it is speaking of justified people's spirit being one with God's Spirit in knowing we are children of God. I rejected it because it has nothing to do with how one exhibits faith.

Faith is the substance of what is hoped for, the evidence of what it is not seen. Please explain away how a zygote, fetus, infanct, etc. does this.

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Adam sinned and you get to die. That is paying for something you did not have any choice in the matter. You are condemned to die because of what Adam did. Don't like the word accountable, that's ok, the verse remains the same.

:thumbsup:

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Webdog, for the umpteenth time, tell me how one exhibits faith. Tell me how you do this.

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I know Webdog will have his own answer, but I will give mine as well.

One exhibits faith by forming intents and as such directing ones subsequent action, in accordance to truth. That is something absolutely impossible for an infant to do. One must have an understanding of the truth to exercise faith in it. No knowledge or understanding of the truth? Faith is rendered impossible to exercise.

Faith as required for salvation is, at its core, an act of the will involving the formation of an initial intent in accordance to knowledge or understanding concerning the truth. Saving faith always involves a voluntary act of the will in the formation of an intent apart from force or coercion in accordance to truth.

#119 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
  20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did answer it. It is trust in something or someone. It's hoping for something that there is evidence for and is not seen. Better yet, tell me how you exhibit faith and then tell me if a fetus can do the same.