1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the will of fallen man free?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TCassidy, Jun 2, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As for Calvinism saying -- "HOw I did not care a bit and left you in your rebellious state. I am sovereign I saved all that I WANTED to save".

Calvinist overjoyed at this inexplicable selection” of one and not the other idea.. In their view – God saves all He “cares” to save and none else..

In Christ,

Bob

2. rc

rc New Member

God saves the ones He LOVES.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "God so LOVED the WORLD --- yes REALLY"!

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

No he doesn't, he saves those who have faith in Him, and those two groups are not equals!

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

What do you mean that man is free but not at liberty? What definition do you use for each of those terms?

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Who is the we in vs one?
    Who is the "ourselves" in vs 2.
    Who is the "our" in vs 3?
    Who is the "god of this world" in vs 4

I think if you look carefully, you will see that it is Paul speaking of himself and his teachings in second and third person tense in vs 1-3.
    And the god of this world, in vs 4 is none other than the deceiver, the father of lies. So who is it that blinded the minds of them which believe not? It was not God the Son, nor God the father, nor God the holy Spirit.

No you cannot use this passage of scripture to prove man has no free will!

7. rc

rc New Member

GOOD question Wes....

Man is free to absolutely choose whatever He wants! FREE ! FREE ! Free ! The problem is WHAT do I want to choose? ..... Man will always choose what he DESIRES! Whatever he feels will satisfy his longings, his WILL! Biblically He ALWAYS wants EVIL ! The lust of the flesh, (what is born of the flesh is flesh)... His mind is always set upon it. 24/7 is his mind set upon it.... feeding, lusting... never satisfied. How deep is the hatred to holiness is mans? ... How can we say that man can fill that gap? ... Does it not mock God to say that we can in our sinful state complete the contract? Why is it so hard to say that God set up the terms and HE fulfilled it? .... Can't God be that awesome and we be that evil? ...